Notary Rotary
AYCsignings or Convenient Closers - Montrose, AL
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by JDGATO on 7/11/13 3:33pm
Msg #476417

Got a call from Candice today for a United Debt Services settlement signing. Checked out UDS on here and didn't like what I found. Also in printing the docs I find you have to sign a doc which says I give a sales presentation and play a video on my Iphone?? Not in the business to sell Debt Settlement so called back to canx. Found they are rated F on BBB.

Also found that Candice has a history on here under AYCsignings. Her email showed [e-mail address] although under her signature it only said Convenient Closers...neither of those showed in Signing Central however old history did pop up under a Forum search which show a long history of no payments. Notaries beware.

Reply by MW/VA on 7/11/13 3:35pm
Msg #476419

Good for you! Debt settlements are something to run from. n/m

Reply by JDGATO on 7/11/13 3:48pm
Msg #476423

Re: Good for you! Debt settlements are something to run from.

Thank goodness there was something in our Forum on them! Tried adding her to signing central but it says she's already there? Couldn't locate her under AYC signings or under Convenient Closers in Montrose, AL.

Reply by jba/fl on 7/11/13 4:10pm
Msg #476427

May be good you aren't working for her.

She has a notary listing, not a business. Cannot cross reference as easily this way. Can search for comments, but not SC or link comments. Don't like these kinds of listings. They always seem somewhat shady to me. Not saying that she is, but why no transparency and hiding behind a company that can't be listed?

This is a particular pet peeve of mine. Just harder to find info.

Reply by MW/VA on 7/11/13 4:17pm
Msg #476429

I agree. Some seem to skirt the rules for cos. when they

have a listing as a notary. IMO a notary acting as an ss shouldn't receive that exemption.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 7/11/13 4:33pm
Msg #476432

In a sense of fairness, I have to contribute

that I did refi signing work for Candice in late '12 & early '13--but not heard anything in many months. Payment was usually w/in 30 days and nothing is outstanding. I don't do Debt settlements---waaaaay too shady for me...If called to do a refi I would not hesitate.

Reply by Jack/AL on 7/11/13 4:31pm
Msg #476431

They're probably not listable in SC because Candice Lanier has a membership as an individual. I did at least two, perhaps three transactions for her, and she paid me without problem, but I decline to have further involvement. My sessions were before the requirement to show a video to the borrower, but there was a page or two of information that I was to read to the signer, which specified that I was a REPRESENTATIVE performing on behalf of the debt settlement company, which I did not like. Also, there was a place for me to sign a document (as the REPRESENTATIVE of the company), beneath which I was to do an acknowledgement of MY OWN signature, which I declined to do. Candice called me about needing the acknowledgement and just did not understand that notary publics can not notarize their own signature. She is a notary public and has no problem with the requirement! She said other notaries public have signed without problem. I said that I'll just continue to do what I believe is legal, and not have further transactions with her. Personally, I got the feeling that the signers were desperate for help and did not fully understand the ramifications of what they were doing in relation to ruining their credit rating. Unfortunately, of course, I could not comment on that, but certainly did not like their thinking that I was part of the company, so I hope I made it clear that I was not an employee, but just a notary public. One signer even asked me if the company was legitimate, and I said that all I know is what we were seeing in the documents, that I'd never spoken with anyone in the company, and that they should decide what they think is best for them, based on their situation. I believe I did my part correctly, but still regret having any involvement at all.

Reply by JDGATO on 7/11/13 5:11pm
Msg #476436

Hopefully others will be able to find this post should they be in question whether to proceed with a UDS package. When I explained to her that the contract asked me to confirm I gave the 'Sales Presentation' and sign and I wasn't comfortable selling anything...her comment was oh that's just the verbage...its not really a sales presentation...and then I was supposed to show a video on a phone?? Then in the other docs pertaining to my role it says unless I have received the appropriate training prior to taking an assignment that I wouldn't get paid?? Sorry Charlie, I did get my HS diploma and can read so find another sucker to help you on this on.

Reply by Bear900/CA on 7/12/13 6:57pm
Msg #476648

FYI - aka Accu Closers n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.