Notary Rotary
A class act
Notary Discussion History

A class act
Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 7/31/13 12:35am
Msg #478650

A class act

Somehow, two checks apparently got issued to me for the same closing in May. I have no idea how it happened, whether I failed to record receipt of the first check (it was received within seven days of the closing), called to inquire, and a second check was issued; or some other convoluted skein of events.

In any event, the title company issued a stop payment on the second check. I called to ask why. A series of emails ensued between me and the ops manager for the title company, and he finally told me that regardless of how it occurred, he was having a replacement check issued. It was worth it, he said, to retain my goodwill.

Retain my goodwill? He can borrow my car for the entire month of August. I will mow his lawn. If I had a wife, I would ask her to cook his dinner.

The title company is Performance Title. Mark down that name; they have 4 1/2 stars in Signing Central, and deserve 6.

Here's the kicker: I have done a total of one -- that's right, ONE -- closing for Performance this year. I am by no means their go-to guy. You have to wonder: If I was their preferred closer, what would they be willing to do for me; maybe make a down payment on a condo?

Reply by 101livescan on 7/31/13 12:43am
Msg #478651

I like Performance too, Hugh. They are respectful, pay timely and no issues ever with edoc delivery.

Nice when companies are this great to work for!

Reply by desktopfull on 7/31/13 1:27am
Msg #478654

This title company definitely is a class act. But if you keep the second check from this company after realizing you made the error it will make you anything but a "class act."

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 7/31/13 2:18am
Msg #478659

Nice they wanted to retain your "goodwill"

I worked with them once - and somehow got on the "wrong" side of their scheduling coordinator with regard to a mailed check; my PO box had returned mail "undeliverable."

I apparently inquired at a bad time (and no one ever wants to admit your pymt is sitting on someone's desk) and a woman there was put out by my email. She called and it was clear by her "tone" that she didn't need ME at all; I let her know her response was unwarranted and unacceptable.

Did not have any problem getting paid; just wish the communication had been better (I kept the email correspondence)

Reply by rolomia on 7/31/13 3:30am
Msg #478665

Even angels can get their wings clipped & nobody is perfect.

Though, I believe that most of us strive to be. But, Murphy has a way of inserting his law into our business at the worst time. That's why "1. Be Nice" is at the top of my checklist. It's sometimes hard to do when dealing with clearly-incompetent schedulers and bookkeepers at a number of SS.

But, I still try to be nice, anyway. An angry tone only worsens an already aggravated situation. I even keep a list of reasonable allowances on page 2 of my checklist so that I can save the scheduler, bookkeeper, et. al. from embarrassment when confronted with what they may (rightly or wrongly) perceive as an accusation. They don't always allow me to be nice. But, I do try.

As my favorite book says, "Do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they turn and rend you."

Reply by jba/fl on 7/31/13 6:16am
Msg #478672

And now you should rate them in SC. n/m

Reply by Christine/OK on 7/31/13 6:16am
Msg #478673

LIKE!! :D n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 7/31/13 7:16am
Msg #478677

Nice story, Hugh. I've worked with Performance & I have

always found them to be top professionals.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 7/31/13 8:37am
Msg #478688

Have worked with Performance Title several years.

Any time they call, I always try to accommodate. Their docs are always on time and the pay is quick. Everyone I've ever dealt with there, has always been very pleasant and professional.

Reply by Joe/NC on 7/31/13 9:07am
Msg #478689

Performance is one of the best companies out there. they call me with anything in my area and pay within 2 weeks. Ill take all I can get.

they are all first rate there sue, Shawyna, Melissa and the others, I don't have all their names on recall but they are the best to deal with.

Joe/NC

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.