Notary Rotary
Above & Beyond Closings
Notary Discussion History

Above & Beyond Closings
Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by D_Notary/IL on 7/24/13 12:14pm
Msg #477916

Above & Beyond Closings

I signed up with them months ago. Got my first call from them yesterday around 1:00. Refi for that day at 7pm, pretty close to my home. The fee quoted was a disheartening $ xx. They are highly rated! I asked "can you please come closer to my $xxx fee, I'd love to do this assignment, I am available." And like I've heard before on the forum, she said she will call me back, needed to get approval...she said she's only allowed to do so much. She was very polite which was nice but didn't call backFrown Someone took the low fee. I was so bummed! I really need more work, I hated to let it go...

Reply by Angela Lambert on 7/24/13 1:25pm
Msg #477925

At least you stood your ground and was at LEAST to negotiate! Hang in there.

Reply by HrdwrkrVA on 7/24/13 1:30pm
Msg #477926

Problem, you lower your fee, you LOSE money & drive yourself

out of business! It's IMPOSSIBLE to make it up in volume (unless you have 30 hr days & 8 day wks). Robo closings are unprofessional & usually riddled w/ mistakes (on both parts). You end up killing yourself, speeding tickets/ car accidents, stressed to death...and that's if all of your docs are ON TIME!
I live in the DC metro area where 15 min trips routinelt take 30- 45 minutes!

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 7/24/13 2:32pm
Msg #477934

on the bright side, you can apply for a minimum wage job as

a frycook at a fancy underwater sea joint! (No wait, that's that show my kids watch about a mindless member of the Porifera family....) Though I suppose it still applies for anyone willing to "negotiate" their fees! Big Smile

Reply by Yoli/CA on 7/24/13 3:03pm
Msg #477940

And, that's what they count on, D. That we "really need more work, I hated to let it go...." They eventually do find a notary with the employee mentality, accepting whatever offer just to get some/any work. That notary is, more than likely, not taking into account all his/her expenses to get to that point.

Stand firm on your fees. Work smart, not blindfolded. We all work hard for our money; don't give it away.

Reply by D_Notary/IL on 7/25/13 11:44am
Msg #478005

You guys are awesome thanks for the support. I knew it was the right thing to do. The sting is that I'm not getting many calls! Uuugg. Nevertheless, I'll never let go of what I preach to my boys. "Hard work pays off, smart work helps the success taste sweeter in the endSmile"

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.