Notary Rotary
Adobe Reader XI (11.0.03)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by Larry/IL on 7/26/13 8:31am
Msg #478096

Can anyone comment whether they are using Adobe Reader XI and whether there are any problems opening and printing docs ?

I had heard of many problems with Adobe X and never downloaded it, I am still using Adobe 9 and getting a message it's vulnerable when I check for updates.

Thanks in advance and hope all have a great EOM!

Reply by MW/VA on 7/26/13 8:37am
Msg #478097

Yes, my tech guy upgraded everything when he installed my new computer. I'm not using Win7 Prof. So far, no problems with AR XI, but I've found that it is sometimes printing docs going in different directions when I'm printing only a portion of the file. I've never seen that happen before. I think it's just a glich. Otherwise, no problems.
BTW, in the past I was using an older version of AR, too, because I did have problems opening files & printing.

Reply by Larry/IL on 7/26/13 8:48am
Msg #478098

Printing in differnt directions.... n/m

Reply by Larry/IL on 7/26/13 8:50am
Msg #478099

Re: Printing in differnt directions....

Did you mean printing in landscape as opposed to portrait?

Reply by CJ on 7/26/13 9:55am
Msg #478103

I don't like it.

I have ONE company that sends docs in Adobe XI format and I HAD to upgrade to print them. First, I have to relearn how to navigate new pop-up windows (why does everyone think that "different" is "better"? Why can't they just leave things how they are?).

Most importantly: When I try to print, I go to "Properties" so that I can select "econo ink", it freezes for a LONG minute. I don't appreciate that when I am in a hurry, or trying to print one loan with a pile of attachments.

Reply by MW/VA on 7/26/13 4:25pm
Msg #478157

No. Sorry that I wasn't more clear about it. Some of

the docs are upside down, but not all of them. It's a quirk that I've never seen before.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 7/26/13 2:22pm
Msg #478148

Thanks for asking about this, because I've been wondering the same thing. I'm running Windows 7, which came with Adobe X installed. I get notices every day that new updates are available for XI, but I ignore it, as I've also read several time about glitches with nearly every new version of Adobe Reader. I'm currently not having any problems with Adobe X, so it hasn't been worth it to risk making a change... but who knows when it might become an issue (like CJ said...) Those kinds of things invariably come up when you're in a time crunch.

[BTW, I think it's essential to state what operating system is running on your computer whenever someone asks a tech question like this because it seems like that can make a big difference.]

Reply by John/CT on 7/26/13 5:19pm
Msg #478168

I'm sticking with Adobe 9 ... no reason to change, given my experience with Adobe X, which I unistalled and re-installed 9. Any benefit to upgrading to XI on XP?

Reply by sueharke on 7/26/13 8:39pm
Msg #478187

I find AR XI does not allow proper spacing for signatures in printing some forms. I now use Nitro PDF Professional to print pages with signatures as the problem then goes away. Also, AR XI keeps reminding me about signatures on some pages as if I am suppose to sign the page and delays printing the page until I reply. Duh, aren't we printing forms for other people to sign.

Maybe Adobe needs to ask people who print documents for other than personal use what issues there are with AR XI.

Reply by Tudi/CA on 7/27/13 12:42am
Msg #478204

I have Adobe Reader XI (11.0.03) and am very sorry I bought it. It seems to have issues with the Adobe Send Now Feature (which is the one I most wanted to use it with), and basically, it's not compatible with the Send/Now feature. Bottom line: many people are having problems with Adobe Reader XI and wished they still kept their previous versions. It seems like people were getting better results with their Adobe Reader X, and it's a lot less expensive than Adobe XI. I encourage you to go to the Adobe Reader Forums and read everyone's posts...you'll learn a lot.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.