Notary Rotary
BEWARE OF HOPE FOR HOME
Notary Discussion History

BEWARE OF HOPE FOR HOME
Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by JOZIE on 7/3/13 5:24pm
Msg #475521

BEWARE OF HOPE FOR HOME

I also ran into an issue with Hope for Home.. they agreed upon a fee to have me drive 45 minutes to a clients home to get doc's and signatures... I only received partial payment.. I left many voicemails and emails and no reply... as soon as I left a message that the next step would be to report them to the governors counsel..i receive an email telling me that the fee was an error and that its too bad but they are not paying.. lol What I did notice was it looks like Hope For HOme was on Millennium Law Office's info package....just add another one to the list of never again.. very unprofessional company..

Reply by Notarysigner on 7/3/13 5:29pm
Msg #475523

>>> as I left a message that the next step would be to report them to the governors counsel..i receive an email telling me that the fee was an error and that its too bad but they are not paying.<<<<

There's your reason for "taking it to the moon" but first and foremost, did you look at S/C before taking the assignment?

Reply by JOZIE on 7/3/13 6:25pm
Msg #475536

No I didnt.. I was traveling and did not have access to internet.. it was a same day..rush..

Lesson learned on my part.. definitely

Reply by Yoli/CA on 7/3/13 5:40pm
Msg #475524

Just curious, Jozie:

How long have you been a signing agent and how long have you been a NotRot member?

Reply by JOZIE on 7/3/13 6:26pm
Msg #475537

Re: Just curious, Jozie:

I have been a notary in mass since 1997... as for notary rotary one year..

Reply by CinOH on 7/3/13 6:56pm
Msg #475541

Everyone ripped off by them should file a complaint with IC3.gov. There is strength in numbers.

They have a demonstrated history of theft of services. They clearly are running a scam on notaries the find via the Internet.

Include the snide emails & texts with your complaint. Put them on law enforcement's radar. They're probably ripping off distressed homeowners as well. You may not get paid but it may stop them from ripping someone else off.

I doubt if they'll be so cocky when someone in the law enforcement community contacts them.

Reply by CinOH on 7/3/13 7:05pm
Msg #475545

Also Jozie, I stay logged into Notary Rotary on my phone when I'm on the road. It makes it easier to pull over and check companies in Signing Central. I try to check within 15 minutes of getting the call, if possible, so that I can turn bad jobs back as soon as possible.

This company has a solid one star rating. Sorry you got burned. Chalk it up as a learning experience.

Reply by JOZIE on 7/3/13 7:11pm
Msg #475547

Thank you... I am out over $300 dollars maybe more.. I did deposit a check from Millenium so I am not sure if that will clear...believe me when I say its not for the money I lost.. I really feel bad for these people who are being scammed.. all I lost was really my time.. these people lost alot of money..thank you for the info on Hope For Home.. ill forward that to those that were affected.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/3/13 7:38pm
Msg #475558

"thank you for the info on Hope For Home.. ill forward that to those that were affected. "

If you mean the signers....if I were you I'd back off and let it go. Keep your nose out of it. It's not your concern or your business...

Concentrate on watching who you work for - you've posted about 2 less than stellar companies in just the last 24 hours....you need to screen your companies closer.

JMO

Reply by PegiT_MN on 7/3/13 8:09pm
Msg #475563

Linda is 100% Correct!

You need to cut your losses and move on. The next thing you know Hope For Home or the homeowners will be dragging you into court......which we all know is where this is headed.

It is obvious that you are using Notary Rotary as a resource because you came here to post about your bad experience. Make sure you utilize the Signing Central portion of this website as well. You posted that you didn't have time to read Signing Central because you were on the road and it was a same day rush job, but according to your numerous posts over the past two days in regard to Hope For Home, Millenium Title, Title Logix, the amount of money you didn't get paid, and the number of homeowners you are going to contact, it sounds like you did a lot of jobs for them.

I don't want to be the one to beat a dead horse here........or make you feel any worse than I am sure you already do......but you sure should have read the comments on Signing Central about these companies before you did all that work for free for them.

Reply by JOZIE on 7/4/13 6:44am
Msg #475611

Actually no I wont back off.. as a notary I didnt do anything wrong.. I verified the person before me signing was who they said they were... unlike you maybe I have a conscience..and feel bad for these people..who got taken for thousands of dollars... and am not out for just my fee.. I have cut my losses... We cant let these companies go unnoticed...and let them get away with this scam.. I get sued I get sued..there wouldnt be a strong case against me.. I have already contacted the Notary Commission in my state and they verified I didnt do anything wrong..same with the Governor's Counsel...

Yes I posted about two companies... one was an old signing for Hope For Home who took months to pay... and Millennium was new..!!!!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/4/13 7:47am
Msg #475612

"unlike you maybe I have a conscience..and feel bad for these people..who got taken for thousands of dollars... and am not out for just my fee.. I have cut my losses... We cant let these companies go unnoticed...and let them get away with this scam"

Jozie - in answer to this and to your p/m to me - yes, you SHOULD back off and let this go and here's why -

Do you have proof that the people were scammed and were taken for "thousands of dollars? From what you've posted - no, you don't. You have proof you weren't paid, and THAT you can pursue, but you can't go claiming the company scammed the homeowners as you have no proof they did (knowing the history it's possible it did happen, but there's no proof). Also, it's not your drum to beat. If the homeowners were scammed it's their claim to make, not yours - and it's not up to you to go to them and tell them "hey this is a bad company and you shouldn't have done business with them" - what happened to impartiality? I can only imagine the claims the company would have against you if you did that.

Okay, you have a conscience and that's a good thing - don't do these assignments any more. Then you have no involvement in the fact that sometimes you just can't save people from themselves. AND you don't always know all the facts or issues involved in a transaction - you know you've been called to get paperwork signed and notarized - that's all you know.

I'm not defending this company as I've read a great deal about them and I do know that when people are down on their luck they'll turn to whatever they have to for help and it is not up to me to render an opinion about the company or about the decisions they make.

JMO

Reply by Clem/CA on 7/3/13 7:02pm
Msg #475543

Riverside county DA link

http://www.rivcoda.org/

Hope 4 Home
12523 Limonite ave
Mira Loma, California

Reply by CopperheadVA on 7/4/13 6:17am
Msg #475608

How to collect from an attorney's office

See: Msg #319342 and Msg #432824 and Msg #319342

I would include copies of the confirmation order and subsequent emails in my letter, especially the one that said the fee was an error but too bad they won't pay anyway.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 7/4/13 6:18am
Msg #475609

Oops I listed one message twice! n/m

Reply by notaryKing on 7/8/13 12:21am
Msg #475891

Re: Oops I listed one message twice!

If it makes any of you feel better, they paid my @#$. I got on them when I accepted the order, told them about their crappy rep here at NOTROT(which we all should do) and I rode them like Seabiscuit before I went to the table. Yes, it was a shady foreclosure/save your house thing. This was my first and only deal like this to date, I won't do another for anyone in that line of work, I just don't need it.

But, as promised, before the promised pay date, I got a check from them. Get this.

I've done over 300 closings this year alone. I'm paid by over 40 companies. I get checks all month long. Out of all the checks, I've gotten one that was hand written, check from a book. From whom?

Hope for Home. One hand written check all year.

But, just let it be a lesson. Do your homework here, I gave them "a chance to clean up your rep" here at NOTROT. They paid, I did, then took it down. Check cleared, I got over.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.