COLLECTIONS
Notary Discussion History

COLLECTIONS
Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by bjcOH on 7/24/13 10:32am
Msg #477903

COLLECTIONS

Morning to all.

Has anyone used a third party company to collect past due funds form a client?
If so, share your experience and name of company used, if so choose.
I 'm sure many would be grateful.

Thanks

Reply by PegiT_MN on 7/24/13 10:46am
Msg #477905

I am my own collection company. I called the company who owed me money and told them that I would be informing their local law enforcement agency, county attorney's office, and county prosecutor of how they have committed fraud by not paying me for services rendered. I proceeded to tell them that it appeared they had a history of these deceptive practices of not paying notaries for work performed and that if I did not have my check in hand by the end of the week, I would be making sure they were charged with theft by swindle. It has only happened to me once and I received my check in four days.

Collection agencies are a joke........these scumbags are not threatened by bad credit......you need to threaten them with legal action.......potential jail time and a felony conviction. Good luck!

Reply by ikando on 7/24/13 11:44am
Msg #477910

I also do my own collections, but I make contact on an escalating basis because sometimes there are circumstances. I expect payment within 30 days, so I contact the hiring party after 40-45 days. If I haven't seen anything by 60 days, I contact their hiring party. If I still have no satisfaction, I move up to a certified letter sent to let them know my next step, contacting the legal community. I have an arrangement with an attorney client to be able to use his name/letterhead, which adds more weight.

I rarely go more than three months without being paid.

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 7/24/13 2:27pm
Msg #477933

I file collections and pursue when necessary...very rarely

necessary. Worse case scenario if I don't get anywhere, I have an attorney buddy take care of it.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.