Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Don't Be Afraid To Insist On Your Full Fee.....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by PegiT_MN on 7/26/13 9:04pm
Msg #478189

......I had a situation this evening where I went to a closing and the borrower's weren't even home. The lady shows up ten minutes past the signing time and acts surprised that I am sitting in her driveway. I won't bore you with the details that transpired, but I will tell you that I called the telephone numbers on the instructions and explained what happened and was informed that I would receive a trip fee. I said no I would be insisting on receiving my full fee of $xxx as the borrowers clearly knew they had a closing and didn't bother to show up for it or call and cancel. It is EOM day and I turned down other business to take this signing, I printed docs, and I drove 35 minutes to their house. It is only fair that I receive my full fee for this. The lender can build it into the closing costs for the next go round. The title lady agreed with me and said that I should invoice the signing company my full fee and she would approve it.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 7/26/13 10:11pm
Msg #478198

Way to go, PegiT!!

You were absolutely correct and I'm so glad you got a hold of someone who understands the situation.

Reply by ikando on 7/26/13 10:24pm
Msg #478199

Pegi, just one more reason why the reduction of fees is not good for NSAs.

Reply by rolomia on 7/27/13 5:31am
Msg #478212

Bravo! I applaud your victory. One small step for an NSA, one potentially giant leap for NSA's everywhere. Way to go : )

Reply by Christine/OK on 7/27/13 4:43am
Msg #478208

Way to go! 'Like!' :D n/m

Reply by 101livescan on 7/27/13 11:28am
Msg #478230

AMEN, SISTER! Burning your time and energy, should be paid! n/m

Reply by Karla/OR on 7/27/13 3:16pm
Msg #478244

Whoo Hoo! (clapping) n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.