Notary Rotary
Examining SC for SS ratings, I'm observing
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 7/10/13 8:33am
Msg #476180

that the star rating system is flawed overall, unfortunately. So maybe not all four and five star rated companies really are that great to work for because they skew their own ratings. Meanwhile you read things like $75 for edocs and fax backs and no consideration given to the number of notarizations in the package. How is that a great company to work for? So right off the top, the SS is getting more than half the notary fee...maybe because the SS's overhead is so high since they are top heavy and ya gotta allow for those big salaries and company vehicles, right? So if a company has a bunch of one and two star comments among a bunch of 4 and 5 star comments, there is cause for pause and try to figure out if you want to take the risk of working for cheap and slow pay, or no pay. Hence, ratings really have to be examined on a case by case basis. All I know is that somehow I have managed to sift these companies out and only work for fair and square compensation. It's a learning process, and takes time to get in gear. I think new notaries are in for a huge learning curve to identify which are the best companies to work for.

So I have to amend yesterday's post about only working for four and five star companies, because these must be examined closely also. You've got posters saying they weren't paid for 90 days, and the fee was $75 for edocs and faxbacks. WOW! To me, these are not four and five star companies, really.

So how does one figure out which are the best companies to work for? It's a daily task. Researching, networking and developing a strong rapport with escrow/title and loan officers directly. It's just too easy to say yes when the phone rings, and to automatically say yes to companies that have no intention of appropriately and fairly compensating their notaries.

Reply by Christine/OK on 7/10/13 10:31am
Msg #476190

There are no shortcuts for the results from hard work. :D

Cheryl's post mirrors exactly what I have been noting lately when checking on the companies in SC. Thanks for a great post, Cheryl!

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 7/10/13 1:13pm
Msg #476207

Finally!!

<<"ratings really have to be examined on a case by case basis.">>

SC -although generally a great "guide" - is just THAT (a Guide!!) Always been subjective . . .

Never understood why people were saying a 4-star (paying +$xxx.00) was a "better" company to work for than a 3-star (paying $100.00) that Unfailing pays within 3 weeks and sends packages ahead of schedule, closes your confirmation for you while you're on the road and generally makes live Easier for me than the ones who makes me do the "limbo" (when I can't get down there)

"stars" aren't a substitute for common sense reasoning and overall judgment (looking at whole picture) - especially when some rate on companies they either haven't done work for Or somehow rate themselves (never can figure how this can happen)

Reply by Christine/OK on 7/10/13 2:03pm
Msg #476219

Re: Finally!! => Like! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.