FTC Nabs $7.5M Penalty from Mortgage Investors Corp - MIC
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by Exclusive Mobile Notary on 7/16/13 10:51pm
Msg #477077

FTC Nabs $7.5M Penalty from Mortgage Company for TCPA Violations

This is the same company that prohibits Notaries from contacting the customer to confirm appointments and doesn't give out the customers phone number. Thankfully they forget the customers phone number is on the 1003...

http://www.topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/4493-ftc-nabs-7-5m-penalty-from-mortgage-company-for-tcpa-violations#

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/17/13 9:51am
Msg #477111

They don't forget it's on the 1003 - they just expect

that their notaries are going to follow their direction and not contact the borrower. I've always been given permission to contact borrower once they've reviewed the HUD with them - no need to go behind their backs.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 7/17/13 10:33am
Msg #477124

but recently, docs have been last minute!!

I get permission once the HUD as arrived, especially if there's $ due or the address is not google-able. (Many rural areas are not showing the exact location, due to lower population, I guess.) Lotsa folks do not have a # at their drive and/or ANY house is not visible from the road. 5 mailboxes in one place along roadside, several driveways---none marked. Yikes!

Reply by Darlin_AL on 7/17/13 10:47am
Msg #477129

Got the call about a week after our VA Refi. I was annoyed that some stranger was soliciting the Veterans Fast-Track program so soon after we had refi'd. It was very spooky to me & I blew the guy off. But, I don't know the caller details so I cannot join the class action, darn!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.