Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Fax Back of full mortgage (19 pages untouched)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by Brac Swackhammer on 7/1/13 4:31pm
Msg #475317

So a Saturday closing this weekend with fax backs, I do the closing and send the scans off to title source. An hour later I get an email asking for the 19 pages of the mortgage that neither I nor the client wrote on. I wasn't in the mood to deal with stupid people so I called them up and explained they were free to look at the unsigned pages in the doc package that they sent me.
So any body else get asked to fax these pages? Do you do it?

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/1/13 4:36pm
Msg #475318

1. No. 2. No--as you said n/m

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 7/2/13 12:24pm
Msg #475402

My answers are the same as Lee's. n/m

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 7/1/13 4:40pm
Msg #475320

I don't get this either on the DOT (VA). Unless they want to ensure you DIDN'T make any marks, initials and such. But I've read on Instructions to Fax back ALL PAGES (in bold) of mortgage.

Please! Pull up YOUR file and Print. We've got better things to do. JMO

Reply by CopperheadVA on 7/1/13 4:42pm
Msg #475322

Yes I fax/scan the full document back unless the faxback instructions specifically say otherwise. For example, often just the first, signature, and notary pages are asked for. Sometimes a company might also specify they want the second page in addition to the others I already listed. Sometimes I see a request just for the signature pages of those documents.

Reply by Karla/OR on 7/1/13 6:23pm
Msg #475334

I can only recall having to fax back all DEED page when it was a re-fi for an investment property (no RTC period). Was this the case? Just asking.

Reply by MW/VA on 7/1/13 7:24pm
Msg #475338

In my experience, they usually only ask for the first page &

signature & notary pages of the DOT. I do hope you charge an additional fee for the faxbacks. More & more cos. expect that service for free. They just don't get that we're not sitting in an office, with fax machine provided by an employer.

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/1/13 7:33pm
Msg #475342

I just wish my name was Brac Swackhammer!

Folks, you have to admit...any name with Brac, Swack, OR hammer in it is just plain cool. It's like taking a bath in an icebucket with all three strung together.

Reply by Bear900/CA on 7/2/13 1:37am
Msg #475375

With that name and living in Dexter you should have to

wear a tuxedo.

Reply by Venita Peyton on 7/2/13 5:51am
Msg #475379

As an 'oldster' I can only say that the instructions usually are clear. Unless specified, they want the entire Deed of Trust or Mortgage. I fax back the entire document, because some of these folks work from home (and possibly after hours). They may not have access (especially on a weekend) to the person who created the entire closing package.

If you're new to the signing process, I recommend that you follow their directions completely so that you gain their respect. This leads to repeat business.

Reply by Christine/OK on 7/2/13 6:02am
Msg #475381

Brac - do you have a fax back fee? Generally, if there are only ten pages or so, I include the fax back in the standard fee. If there are more, it is $1 per page starting with page 11, as we must disassemble the package, keep all docs in the original order, scan or fax the docs, replace in the original order, then package it up, and make another trip from the office to then drop the docs. So, the fee is not just for the faxing/scanning, it is also for the added time requirements and gasoline.

I mention this fee structure when being 'pressed' to fax docs as you are referring to and normally, the response is just to fax/scan the executed pages. Big Smile

Reply by MikeC/KY on 11/20/13 1:22pm
Msg #493428

It has been my experience that most lenders/TC's I deal with want the borrower to initial each page of the DOT. So, of course, I would fax each page back.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.