Notary Rotary
First time ever to turn one back
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by ikando on 7/16/13 5:41pm
Msg #477009

Last Thursday, I was hired by a good paying, professional SS to do a closing on Monday. After negotiation for travel, we agreed on an appropriate fee. All good, yes?

So Monday comes, and even though I had sent a message that because of the travel I would need the docs at least 3 hours prior to the signing time, none came. At 2 hours prior, I contact the SS who states they will check on docs. At 1 hour prior (the entire time I needed for travel), I still have no docs, so at 30 minutes to, I send an email cancelling my contract.

I had been speaking to the borrower over the entire delay, and after sending that email, I called to let him know that perhaps another notary would be contacting him for closing that evening. Almost immediately after I hang up, I get a call that the SS has the docs. I had to explain that I did not have time that evening, and still had to cancel.

I feel badly, but I can't be in multiple places at once.

Reply by rolomia on 7/16/13 6:54pm
Msg #477021

Hopefully, the SS who hired you will realize that they are hurting their future prospects for success by their lack of control over document preparation & delivery. Another SS that I deal with actually lost a contract with a certain title company. One of their recruiters who I talk to often revealed that it was because they were having problems getting docs. to NSA's in time for closing appts.

Apparently, that TC didn't want to deal directly with NSA's. The typical procedure is that said TC uploads the docs. to the SS' server. Then, the SS notifies the NSA once docs. are ready. But, their system's automatic notification software was malfunctioning. When this was explained to the TC, they didn't care. I offered to contact said TC on their behalf to plead for reconsideration. But, she said that I wouldn't be allowed to do that. And, since most of my work from said SS came from said former TC, I'm now getting even less work than before. Yay!

Reply by rolomia on 7/16/13 6:56pm
Msg #477022

Why did the words Notification Software appear as a blue link in my last post? I didn't write it that way. It makes it look like I am advertising. Is this some automatic function of Notary Rotary?

Reply by Eric Andrist on 7/22/13 2:47pm
Msg #477681

Some web browsers automatically link key words on webpages. It only appears to you, though, and likely does it on all websites.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 7/16/13 7:10pm
Msg #477027

not blue for me n/m

Reply by Darlin_AL on 7/16/13 7:49pm
Msg #477041

I didn't see nuttin blue? n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.