Notary Rotary
Highest Bidder
Notary Discussion History

Highest Bidder
Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by NVLSlady/VA on 7/8/13 11:32pm
Msg #476026

Highest Bidder

I've tried to follow the recent threads on transactions being refused by some agents based on settlement type. So difficult to say what is "worth it" to one person over another.

This is never more true as I contemplate giving up a real estate domain I've owned for awhile but never did anything with it. I certainly don't have the time (or wherewithal) now. So an agent expressed her interest. I won't sell cheap; but I will clearly be the one losing out with this one (advertising alone could probably pay my bills for a month). I just don't know how you go about pricing something like that (sounds silly in view of that last statement, I know).

Bottom line: What's been something of a hassle for me may turn out to be someone's "goldmine."
I think looking at some of these settlements like a business decision may make some of it sound more palatable. Of course, some of our backgrounds in finance, credit, budgeting, or the like may make it Impossible to deviate from a firm stance in consumer protection.

Reply by JPH13/MO on 7/9/13 10:28am
Msg #476062

Perhaps you are thinking about this domain the wrong way. As you said, you haven't done anything with it, so instead of thinking that you will be losing out by selling it, why not instead just realize it is not helping you to keep it, and you can make a profit by getting rid of something that probably causes you to have twinges of regret for not having used it the way it could be used.

Maybe it is time to remove the weight of this domain from your shoulders, shrug and say that at least you made a profit by selling it, and then move on.

As far as how to price it, are there others you could discuss this with that could give you a ballpark figure to work with? If not, I guess I would see what the person wanting the domain is willing to pay and then decide if it is worth getting that money or holding onto something that you are not using anyway.

Reply by ToniK on 7/9/13 2:50pm
Msg #476106

Domain appraisals n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.