Notary Rotary
I am thinking of approaching attorneys to do their mobile
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by HSH/WA on 7/12/13 11:27am
Msg #476576

notary work. Someone was saying something about doing the signings electronically because that was the way attorneys needed it to file their cases electronically. Does that ring any bells?

Reply by ananotary on 7/12/13 12:00pm
Msg #476584

It can never hurt to market your services. Look

at your state handbook for the specifics of what you are seeking. Smile

Reply by BobbiCT on 7/12/13 1:51pm
Msg #476598

Check w/ local friendly lawyer or paralegal first ...

In CT, the law firm secretaries and paralegals do the Court e-filing directly from their desk.

The "e-signing" isn't a big deal and doesn't require e-notarization or an outside service.
Filing uses the law firm/attorney login and password submitting the document.

You could hand out business cards for attorneys whose client documents are complete and mailed to the client because the client doesn't want to come into the attorney's office to sign (watch out for witness and other requirements). Wouldn't work for our firm: our assistants or paralegals go to the client as part of "good customer relations."

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/12/13 2:34pm
Msg #476602

Not sure how it is in CT - but with e-filing in FL

the original doc has to be retained by the attorney "just in case" - and that would include original signatures and notarizations. So e-notarization isn't even a factor in that - at least not yet.

Reply by Carolyn Bodley on 7/12/13 6:46pm
Msg #476645

Re: Check w/ local friendly lawyer or paralegal first ...

Pretty much the same process in Colorado. Notarizations are a "service" the client receives, and paralegals/secretaries/legal assistants and even attorneys perform the notarizations.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.