Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
I need someone in the Auburn, CA to contact me 911!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by MariaIECA on 7/5/13 7:38pm
Msg #475745

This is really a life or death situation. (951)712-6068. I had a suicidal person call me to notarize their will. I called 911 here and they gave me the number to the police in Auburn. The office is closed and if I dial 911 as they instruct me to do, it just goes back to the area 911 and they can't connect me. I have no idea how my name came up when she searched. Please help!

Reply by MariaIECA on 7/5/13 8:04pm
Msg #475748

I ended up calling the suicide hotline and provided them with caller's number. I hope they can help.

Reply by LKT/CA on 7/5/13 8:10pm
Msg #475749

Auburn Police Dispatch 530-823-4234 n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 7/5/13 8:27pm
Msg #475751

How awful! I hope the police responded. n/m

Reply by Linda Juenger on 7/5/13 9:02pm
Msg #475755

I sure hope this works out and very sorry you were put in this situation. I am appalled at the 911 system they have. If you were not able to call 911 for help, that means no one else can call Fire, Police or EMT's. Such a shame. Is this a rural area?

Reply by snowflake/PA on 7/5/13 9:16pm
Msg #475756

Maria- you did the right thing! And although this is a bit

OT, but in line with what you experienced - I had to recently call an ambulance for my mom who was home, but I was in a neighboring county. Call 911. Told me I needed to call my "home county" ambulance service. I didn't have time look up the # and call them. Minutes mattered and that's why I called 911. The dispatcher said "ma'am, you're calling xx county and you need to call xx county." Told him I was aware I was calling from another county because that's where I was located. When he was done being snide with me, I asked that I be directly connected to my "home county 911" and he did. I realize these dispatchers have very difficult jobs and get their share of non-emergency calls, but this was legit. Thankfully, all worked out. And yes, we are rural here.

Reply by Karla/OR on 7/6/13 1:19am
Msg #475761

Maria~ I am so glad for your post. 1) you stepped up to help this distraught person; and 2) you opened up a conversation for others that could have the same scenario happen to them.

This must have had a big effect on you emotionally. Be good to yourself for a few days to recover from it, including talking to loved ones (friends, relatives).

I can only imagine how much the friends and family of this distraught person would love to thank you for your part in how you helped.

Take care.

Reply by Bernice/CA on 7/6/13 3:44am
Msg #475762

Thank you for reaching out to help that person! Prayerfully because of your thoughtfulness to not dismiss the caller but reached out to obtain assistance for that individual, a life may have been saved. As Karla an others have said, take a moment to take care of yourself… you deserve it.

Be Blessed!

Reply by MariaIECA on 7/6/13 5:13pm
Msg #475804

Re: Update...

Hi Everyone. I want to thank Lisa for calling me yesterday with the number to dispatch. I was getting the run around and it was very frustrating. I called Auburn Dispatch and gave them the info. I hope they were able to help the lady who called me.

I have been a Notary for almost 12 years and this has never happened to me. I was on the road and all I had was my cell so it was hard to find the information I needed. I still don't understand why she called me and not a Notary her in her area. I can only guess that no one answered the phone when she tried. I know that has happened to me when I am looking for a Notary. I don't see how a lot of Notaries stay in business if they don't answer their phone or return your phone call.

Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 7/6/13 5:51pm
Msg #475807

Re: Update...

Sometimes people go on vacation. I always have my phone on (except at night). It was quite wonderful last month to go on vacation (to Paris) and not have to answer my phone. It was a true vacation.

Reply by LKT/CA on 7/6/13 6:28pm
Msg #475810

An Important FYI regarding 911

I was a 911 emergency dispatcher. 911 is one of two ways to report an emergency and get help from police, fire or medics. The non-emergency dispatch phone number will take emergency calls. Let me explain how it works. The police dispatcher sits at a CAD (computer aided dispatch) center. The computer monitor is divided into three sections: On the left are incoming 911 calls, in the middle are lines for inter-department calls (i.e. records, detective's desk, forensics, etc.); the right side are lines for receiving citizen's calls - the non-emergency calls.

When you call 911, one of several lines on the left side of the screen lights up. When you call the non-emergency number to dispatch, one of the lines on the right of the screen light up. The dispatcher sitting at that computer just moves the mouse until the arrow goes on the line lighting up and answers the call. 911 and the non-emergency dispatch number go to the same place. The ONLY difference is when you call 911, your phone number and address appears. If you call the non-emergency dispatch number, your phone number and address do not appear - though that could have changed since I was a dispatcher.

All you need to do for an emergency for someone in a different city/area is google "City, State Police Dispatch Phone Number". My mom lives in Norfolk, VA......I googled "Norfolk, VA police dispatch phone number" got the official PD website....clicked on that and saw the non-emergency dispatch number on the right. Both 911 and non-emergency number go to the police dispatcher who takes the emergency call.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.