Notary Rotary
Irritating
Notary Discussion History

Irritating
Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by upnorth/AK on 7/10/13 7:28pm
Msg #476269

Irritating

I went to a closing today with some borrowers who had closed on another of their properties earlier this week through the same signing company and lender. When I gave them a copy of the docs they said that the notary the other day had only given them a copy of the HUD statement and they want copies of everything. I find that so irritating as you know darn well that notary got paid to print the borrowers a copy and just didn't do it. When I did my closing update I let them know what happened and that the borrowers want a copy of the first set of docs. I have no idea who the notary is but it irritates me that people like that give the rest of us a bad name by trying to get away with not doing what they were paid to do.

Reply by 101livescan on 7/11/13 7:30am
Msg #476309

I run into this occasionally, like the notary is cheaping out, or just lazy. I have heard many interesting stories about notaries who have met their clients at a massage place, because the notary was also a massage therapist. Guess a little tight on time. Different strokes for different folks. I can't imagine they can stay in business, because the escrow officer and the loan officer frequently ask their clients how did the signing go. I always try to make the best impression possible for repeat business. So far it's working.

Reply by Barb25 on 7/11/13 12:43pm
Msg #476370

Why wouldn't you have told the borrower to contact the Title Company or loan contact and tell them this and that they want a copy of the full documentation. Why did you feel that this was something you needed to do? Was the idea to service the borrower or just make sure the there notary got in big trouble?

Reply by upnorth/AK on 7/11/13 12:57pm
Msg #476374

I did tell them to contact their loan officer but as English was not their first language they asked me to see if I could get them a copy as I was sent from the same signing service as the first closing. I didn't feel I "needed" to do anything, they asked me and I complied.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.