Notary Rotary
Loan-Doc signing question
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by Leslie Clements on 7/23/13 2:45pm
Msg #477789

I would like to know what kind of training is required to do loan signings in California. I have done them in the past with no problems, but was just wondering if there is any special training involved.

I spoke with the Secretary of State and they told me there is no class that I need to take.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 7/23/13 3:30pm
Msg #477792

Loan Signing Agents are not commissioned or otherwise regulated by our Secretary of State. That being said, in order to be an LSA, you must first be a notary public. That is where the SoS has jurisdiction.

There are many outfits out there offering LSA training. I firmly believe every signing agent should take a comprehensive course prior to embarking on that trek, especially if they have had no prior loan document experience (i.e. escrow officer). You state you've accommodated loan signings in the past with no problems. That's great! In that case, you have some exposure to the process and can do some research to determine which course meets your needs.

With so many "point and sign" notaries out there, I'm glad you're taking the initiative to become a true loan signing agent and not "just a notary."

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.