Notary Rotary
Lower fees
Notary Discussion History

Lower fees
Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by ToniK on 7/16/13 11:33am
Msg #476960

Lower fees

I get call from WFG lender services to do a closing on thursday. He stated what my fee was $XXX but said "Oh we just past a new policy just 4 days ago that we can only go as high as $90. Would you drop your fee to that?" My reply "Oh wow. Nope" and we ended call.

Im pretty sure they will find someone to fill the closing.

Reply by ME/NJ on 7/16/13 12:50pm
Msg #476968

Yup when you do it for 50-60 90 is a bonus..woo hoo n/m

Reply by ME/NJ on 7/16/13 12:51pm
Msg #476969

Wait till next month or Sept with silly offers

Now that business is slowing down.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 7/16/13 2:31pm
Msg #476983

<<"we just past a new policy just 4 days ago that we can only go as high as $90">>

What kind of a "policy" allows people in need of a service to SET THEIR OWN FEE?!!!

$90.00 sounds like "easy money" (2-5 miles away, NO printing, I'm guessing for a sensible business-minded person to consider); but then you have the "after closing" responsibilities of mailing/processing paperwork, confirming, invoicing.

I know, you could just tell them you'll take $90 - then add: "Oh, I just passed a new policy 2 min. ago that I now have an additional $20 administrative fee!

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 7/16/13 3:23pm
Msg #476997

I have a new policy too.

I hang up on lowballers!

Reply by 101livescan on 7/16/13 3:28pm
Msg #476999

Re: I have a new policy too.

LIKE!

Reply by JanetK_CA on 7/16/13 10:45pm
Msg #477074

"What kind of a "policy" allows people in need of a service to SET THEIR OWN FEE?!!!"

As much as I hate to say it, they have every right to determine how much they want to spend for a service and are free to shop around until they find someone who will do it for what they wish to spend. Kinda like buying a car. If their budget is $20K, they can't go into the BMW showroom and expect to get a new model right off the lot. (They may not even be able to get a used one... Wink) But they might be able to go to another dealership down the road to find something within their budget that will still get them to and from work everyday- just not with the same experience!

We each have to decide if we're the Smart Car (wish I could think of another better example) or the BMW...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.