Notary Rotary
Maryland Closing Agents theres a new law
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by Ilene C. Seidel on 7/30/13 11:25am
Msg #478518

As of July 1st 2013 all properties in Maryland require a Maryland Refinance Affidavit, that includes INVESTMENT PROPERTIES! The state of Maryland will be giving discounts on investment properties using the same calculations as if it were a primary residence. Make sure you carry the four different affidavits in your briefcase or there will be additional trips. Now NO DOT will be recorded without the Maryland Refinance Affidavit unless it's a purchase. If you need copies of the four different affidavits let me know. I will email them to you. [e-mail address] And if you want to read the new law here it is http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frm1st.aspx?tab=home
then plug in HB 436 or HB1209

Reply by Notarysigner on 7/30/13 12:25pm
Msg #478543

I'm not in MD but I'm sure all the notaries there (reading here) appreciate your head's up.

>>>> Make sure you carry the four different affidavits in your briefcase <<<<

Funny, the last time I posted about carrying Docs to hand out I got jumped on for UPL. Glad times "a" changin here.

Geaux Ilene!

Reply by SharonMN on 7/30/13 1:48pm
Msg #478562

Believe in MD you need to have a title producer license to be a signing agent, so they have a bit more training and responsibility. I would never add documents to a package in my role solely as a signing agent here in MN.

Reply by Alice/MD on 7/30/13 1:03pm
Msg #478551

Thanks Ilene, I will be needing copies of the four affidavits. Please email me.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 7/30/13 3:29pm
Msg #478576

k will send them later tonight

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.