Notary Rotary
Must be FASS Approved
Notary Discussion History

Must be FASS Approved
Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by JeffC/CA on 7/5/13 1:54pm
Msg #475714

Must be FASS Approved

I was asked by my wife's client to sign her up on her R.E. purchase. When she told title that she had her own notary, she was asked if he/she was, "approved by First American?". Has anyone run into this?

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 7/5/13 2:12pm
Msg #475715

I've run into this ....

many times. But from the other side. Borrowers want me to do their loans but the TC won't allow it cos I'm not on their "approved list."

You can pick your lender, an,d at least in CA, you can pick your TC, but apparently you can't pick your notary unless title agrees.

I've done a ton of loans directly with First American branches ... but I don't work for FASS, so no-go on any loans coming through FASS. Stupid.

Reply by ananotary on 7/5/13 3:56pm
Msg #475723

FASS and "First American Approved" are not the same thing

I am on the FATCO approved list but am not in the FASS system or have I ever worked for them.

Reply by JeffC/CA on 7/5/13 4:26pm
Msg #475727

Re: FASS and "First American Approved" are not the same thing

Thanks for the replies.
I'm going to look into FATCO because I don't think it was FASS afterall. Sorry about that.

Reply by ananotary on 7/5/13 4:32pm
Msg #475728

Re: FASS and "First American Approved" are not the same thing

I think those two are often confused. In my experience I had to be sponsored in to be on the approved list. Same for Fidelity and Old Republic.

Reply by Alz on 7/5/13 5:37pm
Msg #475735

I agree with both GG and Ananotary. Being on one list does

not qualify you for the other. I too am on the FATCO approved vendor list, but not on FASS. In fact, I was asked to by an LO to conduct his signing, but FASS selected their own NSA.

Reply by JeffC/CA on 7/6/13 10:05am
Msg #475774

Thanks, everyone.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.