Notary Rotary
NOTARY BIZ
Notary Discussion History

NOTARY BIZ
Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by Notary/ME on 7/13/13 9:26am
Msg #476670

NOTARY BIZ

I got screwed again by Eric and Liz at The Notary Biz. No response to my emails or calls.
Does anyone have any phone numbers or new email addresses for these crooks?

I hate working for nothing (and please don't tell me why this is my fault-I already know that part). I believed the guy and he lied again. BBB complaint made.
Thanks for any helpful information

Reply by MW/VA on 7/13/13 9:46am
Msg #476672

Try filing a claim in small claims court in CA. Cos. like

this have such a bad rep, they usually don't respond to BBB complaints.

Reply by 101livescan on 7/13/13 9:51am
Msg #476674

Re: Try filing a claim in small claims court in CA. Cos. like

They've been operating this way since 2005...how does this happen, why are people keeping them in business?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/13/13 9:51am
Msg #476673

Couple things you can do..

1. Call title/escrow - let them know you've not been paid - see if they'll help you.

2. Check your state's small claims procedures - jurisdiction may lie where the loss occurred, which would be your own state.

If you follow the small claims court procedure, make sure you let title know they'll be named defendants if you have to file this in court to collect.

I'm assuming this is a loan signing - if so, above all make sure first that the loan you had signed did, in fact fund. Get a copy of the recorded security instrument as proof that your deal did go through.

Good Luck.

Reply by Notarysigner on 7/13/13 10:02am
Msg #476675

Re: Couple things you can do..

Linda is correct. You can easily win this case, the biggest problem you will face is serving them with a subpoena to appear in court. I have done his a few times so here's what you must do.

You have your confirmation and the work was done in your area right?

After 60 days, send (registered) a demand letter.

Then if you don't get an answer by the final date AND you can prove they've been paid. You can file for your fee and expenses, ask for the maximum amount allowable the Judge will decide the award.

Reply by Notarysigner on 7/13/13 10:10am
Msg #476677

I forgot..also cut and paste the comments section

about them showing their pattern of not paying notaries.

Reply by Buddy Young on 7/13/13 2:32pm
Msg #476694

Re: Couple things you can do..

I had one service that drug their feet in paying me. No answer to emails, phone calls. I finnaly sent an email that just said " I guess we're going to court" I got a check the next week.

Reply by 101livescan on 7/13/13 10:15am
Msg #476678

Message Deleted

This message has been deleted by a forum moderator.

Reason: Generally Inappropriate

Reply by Notary/ME on 7/13/13 10:32am
Msg #476679

Message Deleted

This message has been deleted by a forum moderator.

Reason: Generally Inappropriate

Reply by Karla/OR on 7/13/13 1:44pm
Msg #476688

Sent e-mail to them. Hope this helps. Good luck and please let us now the outcome!

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 7/13/13 3:26pm
Msg #476699

Good greif!

She's actually treasurer of this dog group. What a coincidence! Or not. Just another opportunity to rip people off, I'd guess.

Anyway, to the OP: See Msg #475467 for a boatload of great info on how to quit messin' around and get your $$. Adapt any and all suggestions and tips to your specific circumstances.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.