Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
NO PAY AGENCIES: Any ideas on how to work these?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by MichelleNC on 7/18/13 11:19pm
Msg #477378

I know about 'notary beware' and the one stars: I read the comments. I'd like to share ideas on how we can market to these people: REMEMBER they really need us?
Please share your ideas. I don't think we need to avoid them!

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/18/13 11:28pm
Msg #477380

Yep. Just avoid them so they go out of business so the good n/m

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/18/13 11:34pm
Msg #477384

finishing...companies have more work to spread around.

If some can pay decent fees in a timely manner, why would you want to keep poorly run businesses in business?

Reply by Lisa Cirillo on 7/19/13 9:46am
Msg #477413

Re: finishing...companies have more work to spread around.

Sorry but I'm not up for chasing my money. I'd rather stick to the companies I know respect me as a notary and the job I can do for them. I don't want to deal with the low payers, no payers. I work too hard for them and to be treated like that is unacceptable.

Good luck in your venture of trying to work with them.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 7/18/13 11:32pm
Msg #477382

Your thinking is skewed

They really don't need us...they just need a warm body with a notary commission.
One that is bad at accounting.
When that fails, all they really need is to change their business name, phone number and address.

Reply by desktopfull on 7/21/13 1:06am
Msg #477619

What koolaide is she drinking, because I don't want any. WOW n/m

Reply by John Tennant on 7/18/13 11:32pm
Msg #477383

Why would you want to market to any company that you refer to as a NO PAY AGENCY? Are you looking to go bankrupt? If so, I have an imaginary world I will sell you a share in for all of your assets. Quicker way to go bankrupt than trying to market to NO PAY AGENCIES, and faster too. Just sign everything over to me.

JMHO

Reply by Kate/PA on 7/18/13 11:37pm
Msg #477385

I was not talking about no pay.. I also mean as a way to get more general work.. As well.. I'm not talking about the company I asked to send an invoice to.. I do get paid... So far every assignment but one...

Reply by Kate/PA on 7/18/13 11:38pm
Msg #477386

Woops just made a mistake and posted in the wrong area..

Reply by sueharke on 7/19/13 12:32am
Msg #477391

I'll take a piece of that action on getting in out that payout.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 7/18/13 11:38pm
Msg #477387

WHOA! Are you desperate or an incurable optimist?

I've heard of making lemonade out of a lemon, but this is going too far. If you think you can turn a one star deadbeat into an agency that will pay a fair fee *and* actually pay, you are delusional. The only way to deal with these scumbags is to not work for them and hope they'll go out of business.

"I don't think we need to avoid them!" If you want to wade into this cesspool, be prepared to work for free. Yes, they need us... and plenty of knuckleheads keep them in business ... but they don't *need* to pay us .... and often don't. Or did you forget that part of the equation?

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 7/18/13 11:51pm
Msg #477389

What is this? I don't even....first my gaming pc dies,

then this? I can't even alleviate frustrations by stabbing and shooting imaginary things! q.q

Reply by Priscilla Witman on 7/19/13 12:39am
Msg #477392

Are you also

Anybody else get this PM today? This is in response to the "DO NOT WORK FOR" post from yesterday. Msg #477195.

"I have worked out a way to get the "1 star' or 'no pay signing agencies' to send me business they pay for. These people have bad reputations on the list: you can help them AND get paid.
I think I can help increase your work. I have ample work because I have a notary/banker with 15 years experience helping me. There are three things that are working well now. I'll help you IF you refer any you cannot do that are close to me.
Reply privately to me and we can communicate. Please include how I can find you on this web site . Are you on all 3 : Notary Rotary, Notary xxx, Notary xxx? Which are you on and is it a free membership or paid?
071813"

Something stinks around here.

Reply by Priscilla Witman on 7/19/13 12:40am
Msg #477393

Re: Are you also

Message came from a "Dana Salerno".

Reply by John Tennant on 7/19/13 12:50am
Msg #477395

I got a similar pm from the same person after posting on the thread relating to the 123 site message 477323. Dana Salerno is a notary in NC under zip 28756 and advertises through 123.

Reply by Priscilla Witman on 7/19/13 12:55am
Msg #477397

I have absolutely no desire to work with "1 star or 'no pay agencies'", Dana. Whoever you are. Troll somewhere else for your easy prey who don't have enough self respect or respect for this business to command a respectable fee from respectable companies.

A bad reputation around here is usually well-earned. These crappy companies have made their bed, but instead of lying in it, they find some puppet to draw in naive newbies. Get lost.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/19/13 7:04am
Msg #477402

Yes, I got the same PM Priscilla...in response to

my post about upgrading listing on the numbers site. Dana Salerno seems to be using the pm system here to foster her own agenda. "I'll help you IF you refer any you cannot do that are close to me" - for God's sake she's in NC and I'm in Florida...

I really resent this use of the pm system.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/19/13 7:09am
Msg #477403

Dana Salerno = posts here as Michelle/NC

Msg #477375

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 7/19/13 7:28am
Msg #477404

Re: Dana Salerno = posts here as Michelle/NC

I replied to this apparently mass spam with something to the effect of how can I help someone in NC when I'm in LA? You...well, you can't help me at all in LA. I google searched: "Dana Salerno" +notary and got the same results - a NC notary advertising on #s site.

1) For shame
2) Grammar is your friend
3)Learn to type [preferably not in broken Engrish].

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 7/19/13 2:15pm
Msg #477450

<<"2) Grammar is your friend">>

That is SO funny! When I got the pm, I immediately discounted it as from a "fraud."
First impressions mean everything. A "troll" is right!!

(I may have been born on Tues - but not last tues.)

Reply by Luckydog on 7/19/13 6:20pm
Msg #477488

I think Dana Salerno is a desperate 1 star company looking to "fish" for signing agents who take the bait and provide her the "private" information she is requesting on us as who we are, who we list with, under which companies we are signed too, paid or not memberships... Who in their right mind would even answer her pm's and would be intruding on private ground like that?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/19/13 6:23pm
Msg #477491

Actually...I didn't reply to her...but I DID block her n/m

Reply by Mindy/ on 7/19/13 7:00pm
Msg #477495

I got a PM from her too! Thought it was suspicious but because I'm new, replied!

Reply by MW/VA on 7/20/13 8:56pm
Msg #477614

I got the p/m too. I don't like when anyone uses the

system for any kind of solicitation. I was thinking she was trying to set up as an ss.

Reply by Scriba/NM on 7/19/13 12:55am
Msg #477396

Re: You Just Go Ahead and "Work" Them.

If you do, then they'll leave the rest of us alone for a while.

If this was the Wizard of Oz, you could play the part of the strawperson.

Reply by Treasure Valley Notary - Tina on 7/19/13 10:20am
Msg #477418

WHY Earn Your Money Twice?

I hate to have to do collections. It means that my profit margin just went down. And I have a TON of better things to do with my time!

I gave this advise to an earlier post this week (changed it a little for your needs) . . . Do you know what it is going to take for you to become profitable? Do a search for the Small Business Administration and/or SCORE. Figure out what you are doing and then come back as a true business owner (and not just a wanna be). Your business model needs serious work. Don't believe me??? Just give it a few months and you will figure it out.

Good luck with it. I truly wish you the very best. But don't expect McDonalds to tell Burger King how to increase their profit share. Smile

Reply by jba/fl on 7/21/13 8:40am
Msg #477622

Where are you Michelle? I don't mean NC -

Do you have something you wish to add now? Or are you another of our 'hit and run' posters.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.