National Signature Closers
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by A S Johnson on 7/23/13 1:07pm
Msg #477779

Located in Lenexa Ks
Lender is Flagship Financial located in Lehi UT.
after telling me the package might be around 200 pages and did not know if any faxbacks, I accepted a low ball price of $110 for upto 200 pages and upto 10 faxbacks.
Package arrived with 264 pages, must be printed on legal size paper, and 40 pages of faxkacks.
It was a 5 PM signing and instructed to drop docs in a drop box 10 miles from my normal drop location which is a manned mail and shipping store but with a 5 P M pickup. 20 minutes from the signing location . Plus numerous other instruction that if you did not get them just right, many of which were the lender/ecrow responsibility, you might not get paid.
This was the first set of docs I have returned to signing service in my 15 years of signing. But this was totaly to far of base.
I promised the person I talked with at NSC I would be posting this.

Reply by John Tennant on 7/23/13 1:24pm
Msg #477781

Thank you

If more notary's would post this type of information we would all be better off. Misleading information, like the above described, from the hiring party almost always results in the notary getting the short end of the stick.

Even asking the right questions does not always obtain the truth. I would also have turned it back.

JMHO

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/23/13 2:38pm
Msg #477786

Way to go! When all details are not given, they should

and (the devil is in the details) those 'details' make it way more than you bargained for...and in some cases way more than you ever want to do.

Reply by Notarysigner on 7/23/13 2:41pm
Msg #477788

Thanks for posting... n/m

Reply by Yoli/CA on 7/23/13 4:07pm
Msg #477795

Re: Thanks for posting!

Just goes to show even with all pertinent inquiries, some SS's still want to slide by. Guess they figured you had agreed and had docs so you would go ahead and do it.

Thank you for being the seasoned professional!

Reply by SharonMN on 7/23/13 4:31pm
Msg #477803

I have worked successfully with NSC in the past but recently had almost the exact same scenario occur. I tried to work with them and renegotiate but the 84 pages of broker disclosures to be signed were the last straw that caused me to return the assignment.

Reply by jba/fl on 7/23/13 4:38pm
Msg #477805

And they told you where to go to drop package? How (polite, polite) dense of them.

Reply by FeliseSoCal on 7/23/13 5:48pm
Msg #477810

Yes, thank you!

I keep having this problem...when I agree to a fee, and then get these last minute monster packages, I ask for a fee increase.

A burger and fries is not the same as a burger, fries, a large coke, extra cheese, and an apple pie.

Set your fees on what you need to be profitable, a reputable company will understand.

Reply by GY_CT on 7/23/13 6:39pm
Msg #477819

264 pages! All legal size!! 40pp faxbacks!!!

That would make anyone balk. (I hope.)

Reply by MW/VA on 7/23/13 8:16pm
Msg #477844

Kudos for turning it back. There are more & more cos.

trying to get away with insanely large loan pkgs., faxbacks for free, etc.

Reply by Frank/NC on 7/23/13 8:31pm
Msg #477847

Got a call last week from NSC. I told her fee was xxx. Her reply was that they could not meet that because Bernanke enacted some legislation that impacted their profits. Told her that was a total lie as well as ridiculous and the real reason was that work slowed down and they want to keep a bigger piece of the pie for themselves. Told her to remove me from their system.

Reply by droman_IL on 7/23/13 11:39pm
Msg #477878

Used to get tons of work from NSC, but since they lowered

the payment threshold, I suppose my fee is too high for them because I haven't received a call from them in years. With packages and instructions like those mentioned here, doesn't look like I'm missing anything! But obviously SOMEONE is accepting those low fees for those fat packages and insane additionals.

Reply by Patricia Hoffman on 12/27/13 5:55am
Msg #497102

Re: Nations Signature Closers

After arriving, I needed to cancel the first signing with the client, as the discovering first payment date was wrong. No one was available when I called for advise, only a operator, who couldn't really advise.

I ask to be the notary to go back in a to complete the signing two days later. That is when I discovered I would be paid half of the fee. They will pay my fee for the follow up visit and only half for the cancelled trip. Really?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.