Notary Rotary
Nationwide Settlement & Escrow LLC
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by mtnotary on 7/29/13 8:27pm
Msg #478438

This non paying company is out of North Olmsted Ohio. My father lives in the Cleveland area so I had him do a drive by. What he discovered today is that this is a real company in a real suite but this company has moved out of the building leaving nothing but their name on the door behind. According to someone that my dad talked to they moved out this weekend. There was another name on the door as well Data by Innovations Marketing I am not sure how they are connected.
Hope this information helps other not so lucky Signing Agents collect their fees.

If you are a licensed Escrow officer who do you get your license from in the State of Ohio?

Reply by rolomia on 7/29/13 11:12pm
Msg #478453

It is probably a shared suite. I used to have one. About 10 companies had access to the suite on a shared basis. Basically, for $100 or less, monthly, you get your name on the door and on the building directory. In exchange, you're allotted 10 hours of suite use time, each month. Many commercial building managers found that they could make more money on one suite by renting it out in said manner to several tenants than they could earn by renting it out to just one tenant. And, yes! It is legal. Unfortunately, it also allows many fly-by-night scam artists to more easily convince unwary victims that they are legitimate, when, in fact, they're anything but. I hope you get your money. If you can find other notaries who weren't paid, you might be able to trace ownership. If they aren't incorporated, you might be able to attach their personal assets/real estate with a mechanic's lien. I'd definitely file a complaint with the Sec. of State, the Better Business bureau and the Attorney General's office. If they communicated with you via the Internet/email at any time, you could also file a report with the FBI's ICCC. Small claims is the only other option that I know of.

Reply by 101livescan on 7/30/13 9:34am
Msg #478484

Fraudsters abound in this market frenzy of low ball companies who simply ran out of money in a heart beat, stuffed their pockets, leaving all their NSAs unpaid and in a quandary about how to collect.

Very simply the well is dry. You can go to AG and file a complaint, file a report with the FBI's ICCC, call the BBB to rate them, but in the end you won't be able to collect anything because there is simply no $$ to be had with these companies.

You think they lose any sleep over this, heck no. Watch, there will be more closing of doors, phone disconnections, websites gong down, nada, disappearing in the night.

I'm sorry for your loss and anyone else who was duped by this company. Ever more reason to follow the stars in SC, be very careful who you accept work from even if you need the work. No pay is no pay.

Reply by 101livescan on 7/30/13 9:45am
Msg #478487

BTW, they have less than two stars, had bad ratings from the getgo, starting in August 2012.

I do not understand why NSA's don't use SC before they take on assignments with these losers. There is no way I would risk my time, materials, energies and skill set on these lame idiots. Nationwide didn't even have a website, they invested nothing into their shoddy/shady operation. Most of these companies put up a godaddy website, with no investment in their infrastructure.

Not even the software to track orders, status and payments collected and dusbursements to notaries. Why should anyone work for companies like this?

Just because the phone rings and someone asks you to print, drive, sign and faxback for peanuts?

YIKES! What is becoming of this profession.

There are a dozens of companies that came into being last year with the express intent of defrauding notaries, paying themselves first, opened their doors with no working capital, hoarding the fees they collected from title and escrow and leaving the notary in an abyss about how to collect.

This is an outrage.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.