Notary Rotary
Notary Biz
Notary Discussion History

Notary Biz
Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by Notary/ME on 7/15/13 12:29pm
Msg #476818

Notary Biz

I got an email from Liz at Notary Biz saying that my check had not been cashed. She assured me that she would re-issue. I will update you all when I get my payment.

Good luck to all!

Reply by MW/VA on 7/15/13 12:53pm
Msg #476821

Curious. Did you think to ask to be paid via PayPal? I

had a couple of clients a while back that I insisted on payment through PayPal. I don't extend credit to deadbeats.

Reply by Notary/ME on 7/15/13 12:56pm
Msg #476823

Re: Curious. Did you think to ask to be paid via PayPal? I

I've actually never used paypal. Is it free ? I know Chase has one that's free. I will have to read up on that. Thanks.

Reply by MW/VA on 7/15/13 12:58pm
Msg #476825

I've never paid for a PayPal acct. They used to charge a

small fee for transferring it to my bank acct., and now they don't even charge that.

Reply by jba/fl on 7/15/13 1:09pm
Msg #476827

Just read this morning about Paypal

offering free transactions for a period of time. Can't remember where - I will look if I don't get distracted.

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 7/15/13 1:49pm
Msg #476836

I use PayPal and Square for GNW all the time

It helps when I'm out in the field and someone tells me they don't have cash. "Not a problem! I take plastic, sir/madam". Square and Paypal both charge their standard % fee per credit/debit transaction though. Either way, they've both earned me more business.

More on topic, I've never been charged a fee to use PayPal to transfer money from that acct to my bank acct. They don't even charge me if I accept a check and electronically deposit it into my PayPal acct.

Reply by jnew on 7/15/13 1:48pm
Msg #476833

I would not do it unless as part of a corporation. I also would not do it with less than one million in E&O coverage. The problem with search claims is that many of the errors come about because the documents are not indexed correctly. Most indexes are computerized, so if you do a name search and the judgment has an erroneous name, it will be on you. The county has no legal obligation to pay out claims caused by their errors or omissions. I searched manual records back in the early seventies and it still took a lot of concentration, we did not allow anyone to do searches without oversight on all work for several months. If you have a decent income from the closings, I would not recommend abstracting without formal training. We used to get stiffed all the time on fees, especially if it didn't close due to parties backing out. The search is done well before the closing and if it does not close, a lot of customers don't think you should be paid, since they were not paid. You also have to front the cost of any copies they want with the search. Ours are $2.00 first page of document, $1.00 each added page. Can be expensive, so you will need seed money.

Reply by jnew on 7/15/13 1:49pm
Msg #476834

Wrong post above n/m

Reply by Notary/ME on 7/22/13 8:31am
Msg #477651

Re: Notary Biz Update: 7-22-2013

I had several private messages regarding this issue. I wanted to update you all, that I have NOT received payment from Notary Biz. I'm sure I will, and when I do, I will update you all.

Have a nice daySmile

Reply by Notary/ME on 7/24/13 3:15pm
Msg #477943

Re: Notary Biz Update: 7-24-2013

Paypal to the rescue! Thanks for the advice here and private messages on how to handle this person. Thank you.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.