Notary Rotary
Notary Rotary outbound fax
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by JimAZ on 7/11/13 10:04pm
Msg #476486

While I don't like and normally don't accept fax-backs, sometimes they are necessary and I try to accommodate. I am currently reviewing my telephone expenses and some fax-backs are not toll free. Does the Notary Rotary outbound fax accept the potential volume of a fax-back or is it just for limited outbound fax's? Anyone using it for fax-backs? Before I get a deluge of "don't accept fax-backs" you need to understand there is a revenue stream of investment properties, second homes, and purchases out there. When your re-fi's dry up you might want to buy a fax machine. Positive responses will be appreciated. TIA

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/11/13 10:06pm
Msg #476487

I've used it once for faxbacks

since I don't get many companies that require them - it accommodated a 57 page faxback for me with no problems.

I, too, got rid of my fax capability when I got rid of my conventional landline. I'm thankful for the NotRot one.

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/11/13 10:17pm
Msg #476489

Can you scan? If so, most accept an e-m attachment.

The plus factor of a scan/e-mail is no cost and you have a copy in your e-m sent folder so when they lose it, it's very simple to re-send it.

Reply by jba/fl on 7/11/13 10:20pm
Msg #476491

Re: Can you scan? If so, most accept an e-m attachment.

I forgot to mention that - I'm so happy Lee pointed that out.

Reply by jba/fl on 7/11/13 10:19pm
Msg #476490

I have used it a few times, but now ask if I can scan and email. Everyone has said yes, so I am happier. It is faster. Absolutely no one has said no....so use here and invest in scanner.

Reply by JimAZ on 7/11/13 10:27pm
Msg #476492

I scan whenever possible. However, sometimes no email available. I have an investment property tomorrow that requires fax back. No exception because I've asked. That's why I'm asking this question in forum. I want to get rid of my land line.

Reply by ananotary on 7/11/13 10:29pm
Msg #476495

I don't have a hard fax line. NR works great. Most of the

time a scan will work and I prefer that.

Reply by Amigoaz on 7/11/13 10:45pm
Msg #476498

Re: I don't have a hard fax line. NR works great. Most of the

When there are many pages I scan and either fax via Ring Central or email. If there are just a few pages I've found Genius Scan - free app - to work great. Yes, I don't accept fax backs unless they are willing to pay extra.

Reply by ananotary on 7/11/13 10:49pm
Msg #476499

Agree. $25 minimum for fax backs. No problem getting it. n/m

Reply by JimAZ on 7/11/13 10:59pm
Msg #476501

Thanks for your responses. Bye, Bye land line. Hello, $50 bucks a month. Gotta keep looking for more $ waste. This could become a never ending post of cost savings. Suggestions welcome.

Reply by Amigoaz on 7/11/13 11:13pm
Msg #476502

With Ring Central I pay about $80 per year. Do you want to split the difference? LOL

Reply by JimAZ on 7/11/13 11:22pm
Msg #476504

Never learned to share.

Reply by sealed/CA on 7/12/13 12:25am
Msg #476510

I use the NR fax feature all the time. I've never had a problem with large attachments. Sometimes it can take awhile to send but I'm extremely happy with it. I just scan and then upload to the fax and send. Very easy. I've been able to eliminate my fax line.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 7/12/13 6:00am
Msg #476522

I use the NR outbound fax frequently. So many closings I have had lately have been for investment properties. If scan and email is an option I usually do that, but sometimes the hiring party only wants a fax because they want the docs to come securely and I have faxed 40-50 pages thru the NR fax with no problem. Yes it takes a little while for the fax to complete and send you the confirmation but only one time did I have a failure.

Reply by BobtheElder on 7/12/13 7:55am
Msg #476524

I've used it a few times. Usually when a faxback is required, like on a purchase or non-owner-occ refi I just scan & email, but sometimes there isn't an email alternative provided and NotRot fax works great...

Reply by garland/CA on 7/12/13 1:36pm
Msg #476597

can you refer me to message that explains how to send n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.