Other post here prompted me to look at Craigslist -
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by Belinda/CA on 7/18/13 12:16am
Msg #477246

Seeking experienced Notary Signing Agt for ridealong / will pay $50.00
"New" Notary Signing Agent is seeking an experienced NSA to go on 2 (two) signings/ride-alongs. Will pay $50.00 ($25 per each ride-along) CASH!! Only SERIOUS inquiries please!! Pls call _____ Thanks....

Don't all of you call him/her at once!

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 7/18/13 12:32am
Msg #477247

Hmmm....

Giving away your business for a mere $50. Training is worth a lot more than that!

Reply by Belinda/CA on 7/18/13 2:04am
Msg #477255

Re: Hmmm....

I hear weekly from signers (NSA and GN) that so-and-so is getting into the notary business. "You guys must be making a fortune."

One guy was real excited that his new renter is going to be a loan signing agent after her commission arrives so he knew she was going to be paying her rent on time. I explained a bit to him about how it isn't quite that easy and I hoped she had another job on board already. He said her current job was being phased out, but, when he heard she was going to be a 'signing person' he knew it was a good sign.

Maybe she is the one on the Craigslist add offering $25 for a ride-a-long. She would be giving away his rent money to be sure.

Reply by mmk on 7/18/13 8:56am
Msg #477264

The pay would be the least of my concerns. This scares me and I would be concerned for my life. Too many wackos out there to risk my life for $50.

Reply by 101livescan on 7/18/13 9:06am
Msg #477266

I think that Craigslist has lost a lot of credibility over the years with all the Nigerian hoaxes. I just wouldn't advertise anything for sale on craigslist ever again. I don't want perfect strangers coming to my home. Too risky.

I was on signingagents.com over the weekend. There are more than new 250 signing agents with less than one year's experience listed within a 50 mile radius of me.

Now, folks, I'd like to know where, when and how they expect to get their notary education investment recouped in this market. Unbelievable.

As for paying $50 to ride along with someone, wow, well, it takes all kinds. I wouldn't take anyone to one of my closings, it is a serious breach of confidentiality and violates the client's privacy, not just with their documents, but going to people's homes. Not being the hired notary, present in the signing violates many boundaries, our notary oaths, and a host of other ground rules we've agreed to when we contract with settlement agencies.

Just my .02 cents.

Reply by ikando on 7/18/13 9:42am
Msg #477275

And isn't to not bring children, pets or other persons along the warning given by several signing companies?

Reply by Christine/OK on 7/18/13 2:14pm
Msg #477330

LIKE!! :D n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.