Notary Rotary
PNC Mort yesterday~failed to sign because no borrower @ home
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 7/30/13 11:46am
Msg #478529

I get this order, telephone number does not work...loan officer does not answer my call for a better number, the scheduler at settlement agent couldn't provide a better number either. I print the docs, make borrowers' copies and travel to the client's home.

No one there! SURPRISE!

Turns out the telephone number was one digit off, the borrower didn't even know their docs were about to be ready for signing. Date sensitive, Mr. in PA, Mrs. in SB. Have to sign together, but only yesterday. How do you get to SB from PA in less than a day? You don't.

Turns out the LO isn't even employed at PNC any longer...another SURPRISE!

Lenders succeed in spite of themselves. Unbelievable.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 7/30/13 12:06pm
Msg #478536

Hope you're feeling better today, 101.

You posted yesterday you were feeling under the weather and was staying home 'til later in the day. If you had to leave your sick bed for work, hope your other signings went better than this PNC.

Reply by 101livescan on 7/30/13 12:16pm
Msg #478538

Re: Hope you're feeling better today, 101.

I had another no show just before this...borrower gets his settlement statement via email from LO and doesn't like that the payoff is guestimate because we don't have an updated demand on the HELOC we're paying off. Long story short, I hung around for 30 minutes at title while he decided he wouldn't sign until he had a chance to review ALL the documents.

Fine with me...I'll go back today at 3pm and sign him up...some big wig, way more important than any one else on the planet guy, can't wait. Feel much better today. Sleep is the only thing that helps, plus eating right.

Got home at 11:15pm and met up with a Calfire CDF green truck and flipped out. Apparently there was a power outage for three hours on the other side of the canyon, and some new owners decided to have a bonfire to "light things up". A neighbor called Calfire, we're a tinder box here this year due to drought and major fuel for a fire storm.

Guess they're growing pot. Not a good idea to draw attention to themselves, ya think? Scary that we have new neighbors who are so stupid about living in the middle of nowhere thinking it's okay to grow illegal crops and have a bonfire in the middle of high fire conditions, no permit. The entire canyon was on high alert last night. Took me a while to come off the ceiling, but I did get to sleep in.

Reply by Christine/OK on 7/30/13 9:41pm
Msg #478646

Glad you're feeling better, Cheryl! n/m

Reply by PegiT_MN on 7/30/13 2:37pm
Msg #478571

Oh.....that sucks! I know you got your full fee though.

Thanks for the pm on Saturday. I have been so busy I haven't had time to respond......I will though. Hope all is well with you. New little baby in my extended family so between signings, fax backs, and invoicing, I have been baby shopping. Preemie and newborn baby girl stuff is so much fun to shop for.

Reply by ikando on 7/30/13 8:45pm
Msg #478636

Cheryl, you have the most unusual things happen to you. Hope the fire department read the riot act to your new neighbors. And I hope you get paid for suffering through the 2 no-signs.

Reply by 101livescan on 7/31/13 12:49am
Msg #478653

When you live in the forest, there are many strange and wonderful things happening all the time. I don't mind the wildlife at all, it's the two legged animals that cause me real concern! They don't know how to behave in the wonder of nature!

Ii signed a Fire Captain tonight. When I told him this story, he said this is what keeps him employed, people with no common sense and extremely poor judgment.

Oh,, well!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.