Notary Rotary
Premium Account
Notary Discussion History

Premium Account
Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by Mindy Smith on 7/13/13 5:33pm
Msg #476712

Premium Account

I am new and not really getting many calls from my listing. Is it worth upgrading to the premium account here?

Reply by Yoli/CA on 7/13/13 5:38pm
Msg #476716

Premier membership here is SO worth it!

It's very reasonably priced and you get discounts on supplies because of it. Also, when it comes time to renew your commission, as a premier member, you can take the online course for free.

Reply by Mindy/ on 7/13/13 5:49pm
Msg #476718

Re: Premier membership here is SO worth it!

Do you feel you got more business because of it?

Reply by Yoli/CA on 7/13/13 5:51pm
Msg #476719

Yes. n/m

Reply by HSH/WA on 7/13/13 6:38pm
Msg #476721

Re: I ask a scheduler what she goes by in making appts

and she said fee, then zip. So as far as getting more calls because you paid to belong - probably not except that as a paid member you can list under more zip codes. The big plus comes by being able to get all the email info from NR and use it to market yourself to SSs and TCs. I use SC a lot and between those items mentioned I think it is a good investment for someone starting out - although I am not yet a member. If I knew then what I have mentioned above I would have signed up early on. Hope this helps.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/13/13 6:58pm
Msg #476724

I do not get the majority of work from this listing

and never have. I do enjoy this site and like the way it's run, though, so paying for a premier membership is worth it for me. Not many companies say they found me here.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 7/13/13 8:00pm
Msg #476740

Just the opposite here - my Premier m'ship paid for itself

a hundred times over from the very first year, and if I couldn't take a signing, I referred caller to NR for other local NSAs. That way, I wasn't endorsing anybody, while supporting the great resource that is NR.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/13/13 10:39pm
Msg #476750

I also refer people here if I can't accommodate

especially with GNW - but I can't honestly say that the bulk of my work has come from people who told me they found me on Notary Rotary - unfortunately. But it is what it is.

Reply by Notarysigner on 7/14/13 10:02am
Msg #476769

Re: I ask a scheduler what she goes by in making appts

One owner of a SS told me they only select from the "premium" listing because if a person isn't paying to advertise they're probably not very good.

Reply by Notarysigner on 7/14/13 10:15am
Msg #476770

In answer to the question I enjoy the information as

as a result of debates/confrontations here which allows me the find answers. I use the search feature 65% of the time because of the amount of previously discussed content in the archives.
I don't get many referrals from here and none from the other directories (I advertise on Google). It is still worth the Premium membership for ALL the things shown on the menu bar!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/13/13 7:06pm
Msg #476725

I guess I'll ask a question here...

are you working your way through Signing Central? Or did you just sign up, set up your profile, then you were done?

You may not get a lot of calls directly from your listing, but being listed does have its "internet presence" advantage. You will probably see more results if you work your way through the companies in SC.

If you did this, my apologies. I'm responding to your statement "I am new and not really getting many calls from my listing."

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 7/13/13 7:08pm
Msg #476726

For me, it's not about how many calls I get, but about the good information I get from others here and also about Signing Central, where I can look up the company that just called and see the comments and how they are rated.

Reply by Christine/OK on 7/13/13 7:12pm
Msg #476728

Ditto on Shoshana's perspective. :D n/m

Reply by Jack/AL on 7/13/13 7:22pm
Msg #476731

Which is it, MINDY/ or MINDY SMITH? n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 7/13/13 7:32pm
Msg #476735

Probably in glich in NR's system. She might need to call

them.

Reply by jba/fl on 7/13/13 9:12pm
Msg #476748

Probably both, depending on which way clicks on Author n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 7/13/13 7:32pm
Msg #476733

I would say, Yes. When I was starting out, I wasn't in a

position to pay for advertising. I had a free listing here, and didn't get any calls. When I upgraded to a Premium Listing, it placed me higher on the list, and I got calls almost immediately. I consider the advertising $$$$ I spend a very necessary business expense. These sites is where most cos. will search for a notary in a particular area. It's always been my position that my own website would never generate that kind of activity. You have to decide for yourself, based on the no. of more experienced notaries in your area, etc. Good luck. :-)

Reply by MW/VA on 7/13/13 7:36pm
Msg #476736

I also sent you a p/m. n/m

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 7/14/13 10:23am
Msg #476771

According to Google Analytics

I get traffic referrals to my website from this site and from my website to my profile. So, yes, Virginia...or Mindy as the case may have it...there is a digital Santa Claus of sorts which being a member helps with imho. Plus, as has already been mentioned, the site is an excellent source of information. I don't mind supporting/helping someone when they provide stellar service. Big Smile

Reply by 101livescan on 7/14/13 10:26am
Msg #476772

Re: According to Google Analytics

Amen, brother Malbrough!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.