Prestige Signing Company
Notary Discussion History

Prestige Signing Company
Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by Kevin Larsen on 7/11/13 11:35am
Msg #476338

Prestige Signing Company

Hi,
I have a confession to make several months ago I posted about prestige and later deleted my post. They had missed two payments and they were really behind 77 plus days. I later discovered that was my fault. I was hounding the schedulers instead of going to the source, Accounting! Once I went to the accounting dept I discovered they didn't have all of my info and due to various notary fraud they want to make sure I'm who I say I am. Granted the docs I sign did state that but honestly we are all vulnerable and its not everyday someone would have my W-9 . Its been 8 months and to date I sign on average over 50 plus for them a month. Just putting it out there. I was so quick to burn a bridge not realizing the true essence of a good signing company! Thank you prestige! Oh and you don't have to hound the schedulers I found I received timely responses in the accounting dept!

Reply by Yoli/CA on 7/11/13 11:57am
Msg #476345

Glad it worked out for you, Kevin!

A while back, I posted they shorted me. Followed that up with how their accounting department dealt with situation. I was finally able to post that I received that balance due 2 weeks later.

Never have heard back from them. Possibilities:

1. Lots of notaries in my area. Many who will work for under $100 per signing.
2. My fees are too high for them.
3. They don't like notaries who post negatively about them.
4. They have no work in my area.

I'd feel safe in venturing that we can discount the last possibility. Wink

Reply by MW/VA on 7/11/13 12:18pm
Msg #476357

Did you call them an apologize for the misunderstanding? n/m

Reply by Yoli/CA on 7/11/13 12:54pm
Msg #476372

MW/VA: Are you asking me or OP? n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 7/11/13 3:38pm
Msg #476421

The OP, of course. If they lost a good client, I think I'd

do whatever it took to try to get them back.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 7/11/13 1:24pm
Msg #476385

Can't imagine what the schedulers would have to do with getting paid (or accounting issues).

I did have a SS I work for call - President, owner (big guy) actually called - to say there was a problem with checks going out Unsigned! (Oops) Nice on his part to get personally involved - and his company DID have an accounting dept.

As for Prestige, never worked with them; but Kevin you may want to review VNN where another VA notary wasn't so successful as you've been Smile Somewhere in those "50 monthly signings" is someone's $$$$

Reply by ToniK on 7/11/13 1:29pm
Msg #476387

My issue with this is that the schedulers couldn't just say "hey contact this person" or the accounting felt couldn't reach out and say "hey we need this from you to process your payment" or simply state in confirmation to send business info to such and such dept for payment.

Great that they give you business.

But they need to do a better job of communicating their needs.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 7/11/13 2:00pm
Msg #476395

Communication is Key

this is a little off topic, but I'm finding this to be more and more the norm in business these days - and it is so frustrating.

Ex.: I get lab work from PCP (primary care physician) who not only fails to share results with my endocrinologist, but when I call to check on status, neither person I spoke with bothered to tell me the results had been mailed to me. The 2nd person I spoke with said they are "sending again," as if I was being a pest for inquiring a 2nd time.

I go to PO box later that day, and there is the mail they sent. So I call the doctor's office and at this point receptionist hurriedly answers phone (as if seeing the caller ID) in an irritated manner. I inform them that I did get the results and IF someone had just said that earlier, I could have saved a couple of phone calls. I 've got things to do and don't need to waste other people's time either. I told the woman that between 2 office workers that couldn't communicate a simple thing like "we mailed out to you," they needed to make a vast change in their communications procedure - because I for one am not calling multiple times for the fun of it or for my "health" for that matter.

Same thing happens when out shopping: Notice nobody ever knows anything (and are really put out if you politely ask them to find out)! Get a live person on phone, ditto. Clueless and then you get transferred to dumber. Little initiative or desire to help - just to get you out of the queue.

I happened to overhear my mother on the phone one day and could sense the aggravation. I assured her it wasn't her but it was like this almost always in customer service nowadays. Her issue: trying to find someone who understood what "bi-focals" were so they could see if they sold "off the rack" !

When I was in customer service, we were multi-trained and required to answer just about any question a member called in with (I used to have more applications up on my desktop than the windows on a jetliner). Hmmm . . . probably accounts for a lot now I think of it.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.