Notary Rotary
Printing issues with one title company only
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by snoopdogMs on 7/26/13 9:07am
Msg #478100

I had a closing last evening that it took 1 hour and 15 minutes to print 62 pages of a 131 packages. I was finally able to squeeze about 100 pages out. The HP 3005 would say data received and then get hung up on processing and print 1 page every 2 or 3 minutes. I can print from any other company or any other format without this problem. I turned the printer off, computer off and did everything I could. Borrower ended up printing the rest of package. Right after I left the house, my daughter called and said the printer spit the remaining 30 pages out in normal fashion. This morning I tested the printer with other packages from other companies, other attachments that are not packages and it prints normal. What is the connection between me and this company that could cause this problem. I have had slow printing with them in the past, but this time was a nail biter.

Reply by Alz on 7/26/13 9:48am
Msg #478102

I've had the same issues with one of my

HP P2055DN printers. Was told to update the drivers (this is when I had free support) and it appeared to remedy the issue, but now the problem is back. Like you said, it only occur with certain companies, which leads me to believe that it is a scanning issue.

I'm sure the more technical people out there may have a solution for us. I am all ears.

Reply by Clem/CA on 7/26/13 9:58am
Msg #478104

Might have been scanned as jpegs. Try the advance setting on the print page and set it to print image. Don't forget to set it back when done as this will slow the other jobs down.

Reply by droman_IL on 7/26/13 11:29am
Msg #478120

sometimes its a disconnect if the doc is viewed in the

window of the internet or the email link. Sometimes you just have to save the file to your desktop, close the link and open the file directly. Don't forget to delete the file (and empty trash bin!)

Reply by Imran Khan on 7/26/13 2:08pm
Msg #478146

Re: sometimes its a disconnect if the doc is viewed in the

Slow printing is almost always when the entire pdf is scanned in as jpegs or image files. The processor and memory inside your printer have to work extra hard when they have to print images versus true type fonts which is why it can take a while to spit out each page. One way to find out if you pdf file is and image is if you try to select text within the pdf file and it doesn't highlight anything, that means the pages were probably scanned in as image files.

If you can actually select and highlight text, then your file should print fine without any slowdowns. To make printing go faster with pdf files that have images, click on the "advanced" tab and check the box that says "Print as Image" and bump the dpi down to 150. That should print the file out much faster next time. Just make sure to uncheck that box for future files though.

Reply by John/CT on 7/26/13 5:14pm
Msg #478167

Re: Slow printing

Thank you for your excellent advice, Imran! I've come across this very frustrating and time-consuming problem in the past, but now I'll never have to face it again. Smile

Reply by Exclusive Mobile Notary on 7/30/13 1:06am
Msg #478465

HP... thats the problem. I just ordered a Brother to remedy this issue. The Brother I have in my car always prints fast when the same doc on my HP hangs. And the HP has more memory.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.