Notary Rotary
Servicelink automated text messages
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by Hailswath on 7/1/13 12:09pm
Msg #475275

Does anyone know how they select the order. Is it by the notary with the lowest fee? If you login and go under and go under E-WIP hit work in progress and find an order you can hit the update button and it shows the progress of the order. It will show who gets first shot then it goes on from their. I am always the last person no matter what the distance is to the borrower. I could be 1 mile but it goes to someone 30 miles away. We are all PNN and I have 2nd lowest number so it can't be by time with Servicelink. I do know I get a higher fee so it must be by fee. It is interesting to see who they send it to before you.

Reply by ToniK on 7/1/13 12:26pm
Msg #475279

Thats interesting. I just checked it out and seen at least 4 people decline before I had accepted it. I also noticed there is a P1 or P2 behind these folks names. Dont know what that means but my fees with Servicelink I guess would be high. Dont know what the fees are for those other folks though.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 7/1/13 12:47pm
Msg #475281

Interesting ... didn't know about that. Checked it out and nothing is listed. That may be 1 reason I'm not hearing from them lately. Thought it was just my fees. Smile

Reply by KarenVentura on 7/1/13 12:59pm
Msg #475283

Where do you see this. When I log in I dont see any of that?

Reply by Hailswath on 7/1/13 1:14pm
Msg #475288

login under former ATM click enter E-WIP click work in progress and you can even go to back orders that you have done.

Reply by Tudi/CA on 7/1/13 2:13pm
Msg #475298

Interesting...Thanks for the "heads up". I remember getting several emails from Service Link about a month ago regarding a new system they were going to roll-out, regarding contacting notaries by text messages or email for jobs...and something about (I think, can't remember exactly) "the first to respond gets the assignment"??. I haven't heard from them through the new system yet, although I did sign up and registered to be notified via text. I'll have to go on-line and check out the new system. I have been getting Nation Link signings on a regular basis without any interruption through the normal phone call method. I wonder if Nation Link will be using the same "new contact method" as Service Link in the future?

Reply by snowflake/PA on 7/1/13 2:37pm
Msg #475301

Still think a quick phone call is much more professional

than a text or email. Do you text or email your plumber, electrician, hair stylist, doctor, etc. when you wish to schedule an appt? JMHO

Reply by ToniK on 7/1/13 8:18pm
Msg #475349

Re: Still think a quick phone call is much more professional

Actually I do email or text my hairstylist! lol

Reply by MW/VA on 7/1/13 3:18pm
Msg #475309

I don't work for SL, but as of today texting while driving

is illegal in VA. Don't these cos. realize we're mobile??????

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/1/13 4:05pm
Msg #475315

Re: I don't work for SL, but as of today texting while driving

Marilynn, though I can respect what you're saying - many states have prohibitions against talking on cell and driving..and in some it's a primary offense, not secondary.

Yes we're mobile - how would you suggest companies get in touch with us? I, personally won't jump in the "text me I'm here" job pool, but I *will* answer my cell to get work - which you will do too, even on the road. Being mobile is a non-issue when an assignment needs to be filled.

JMO

Reply by MW/VA on 7/1/13 4:09pm
Msg #475316

Yes, I agree, Linda. I do have bluetooth in my car, and

can answer calls easily on the road (hands-free). I'm in a very high-traffic area, and also have to check my phone for emails, etc. I know things are going high-tech--texts & tweets, but I still prefer a call. I often miss the ones that are texts or emails.

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/1/13 4:38pm
Msg #475319

Text won't cut it. Not enough info to quote. Please Call! n/m

Reply by Susan/CA on 7/1/13 5:00pm
Msg #475324

Based on Priority then fees... my fees must be too high

because I rarely get text. I had called SL & they said I was the highest level as far as priority so the only reason I don't get them would be because of fees. They take the lowest fee 1st. I ran into another notary at a closing once (they had scheduled us both at the same borrowers for different properties) and he said he was being bombarded with texts, emails & auto voice msgs. He was in my area... he is obviously charged low fees. My fees are competitive not super high. This was about 2 months ago. Now I am guessing everyone in my area experienced a major slow down with all companies. I know I have!

Reply by HSH/WA on 7/1/13 5:46pm
Msg #475330

Re: Soon they will email/text the $XX fee they want and NSAs

will scramble over each other to hurry and be the first to be the winner.

Reply by MW/VA on 7/1/13 7:26pm
Msg #475340

Yes, I get plenty of those. The fees are always lower than

I accept, and I don't bother to reply. I can see that it's easier from the schedulers point of view--don't need to make so many phone calls. It's also a way for them to put the jobs up for bid, which doesn't service this industry well, IMO.

Reply by Bravo on 7/2/13 2:08pm
Msg #475427

Re: Servicelink-where did they go?!

SL was my most consistent customer until just this last month when suddenly the calls stopped coming. Instead I started getting calls from National Link, one of their affiliates, but not receiving those in the volume I was getting from SL. I actually attempted to use their "new and improved" system of receiving assignments via text and it was RIDICULOUS. After a couple of weeks of that nonsense I called and asked to be removed and placed back on old fashioned phone call requests. They had no problem with switching me back.
Secondly, I've been in business since 2004 and this last May was my most profitable in all of those years but as of June, someone turned off the faucet! Slow, slow, slow...

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 7/8/13 8:55pm
Msg #476005

Re: Servicelink-where did they go?!

Same here..I was very busy with Serice link then all of a sudden its too quiet..I did look into my profile on SL and next to my name there are initials (PPN) I wanted to know what that meant..I emailed vendor mangement and it means Preferred Notary Network. You receive this designation when you attend a seminal held in your area.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.