Notary Rotary
So thankful for SC!
Notary Discussion History

So thankful for SC!
Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by JJNotary/CA on 7/18/13 4:08pm
Msg #477348

So thankful for SC!

So thankful to all of you notaries out there putting ratings on SC! It has saved me a lot of headache, and a lot of second guessing when I get a call for a signing that just doesn't sound right - when I double check the companies rating and see a single star next to their names - I know it was a good choice to turn down. (was just called for a $70 signing - for Monday. I asked if the price was low because they were going to mail me the documents, and she said, ummm - mail? Yes, we email documents. Yea.... no thank you)

I have worked in industries in the past were there was no supportive community such as this, it was each for their selves, and I appreciate this forum and SC!

Reply by Christine/OK on 7/18/13 4:09pm
Msg #477350

LIKE!! :D n/m

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 7/18/13 7:16pm
Msg #477365

I like the way you think!

"I asked if the price was low because they were going to mail me the documents"

I know you had to have a serious tone in your voice as you asked them that, but we all knew what their answer was going to be. Big Smile

I had one recently offer me a refi signing for $75. I decided to have a little fun instead of just laughing at that moment.

I said this must be one of those loan signings where they will be shipping the docs to the BO's they sign everything on their own, except the few pages that require a notary seal. I would be meeting with the BO's just for those few pages that they would have ready for me prior to my arrival, and the BO's were responsible for returning all the docs, because even at $75, that is much lower than what I charge for just that level of service.

After the shock wore off the scheduler, she said that they would be emailing me the docs, for me to print 2 sets, and that they wanted me to go over the entire package with the BO's for them to sign only while in front of me, the notary.
(They must deal with a lot of people that do not realize that they are the actual notary, so they must be reminded often by the scheduler <facepalm>)

"Oh, I understand what you are looking for now. Well, since we (BO's & myself) are located in the same city, with the printing, the level of service required, and no fax backs, I can complete this signing request for you for $150, with Net 30 max terms."

LMBO -- For some reason, I can't imagine why, she would "have to get my fee approved, because (wait for it...) they were not even getting paid that much." I told her that once she received approval to call me back and maybe, next month I might be able to help them because it sure seems like their company isn't charging the TC's nearly enough for the services they are offering to the TC's." .... Hehehe

I immediately renamed their phone number in my cell phone to one of my "Don't waste your time". They have called twice since with the same $75 type of offers, according to the voice mails I immediately deleted.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 7/18/13 7:27pm
Msg #477367

Re: I like the way you think!

"..because it sure seems like their company isn't charging the TC's nearly enough for the services they are offering to the TC's."

YES!!!! But one tiny correction... It's the services they expect someone *else* to offer to their clients after they take a cut off the top. Simply does not compute! Smile

Reply by JJNotary/CA on 7/18/13 8:21pm
Msg #477368

Re: I like the way you think!

wow - I don't think I could have pulled off saying all that and not breaking character, as it were. That's excellent.

The net 45 days also baffles me - you were paid (you being the signing co.) and I did all running around, why can't you pay in 30days? I'll even give you 35 before I call and ask what's going on. But to set your business up on Net 45 seems like poor business practice to say the least.

When I said no today, I said - 70 will not cover printing costs - and she said, then please disregard the email confirmation I sent you. She had ALREADY emailed me the confirmation for having accepted the job!?!

Anyway, just glad - as I said - that I was then able to find them on SC and see that at one star, they weren't that bright.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.