Notary Rotary
The Notary Biz. Liz. Eric.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by Notary/ME on 7/23/13 9:19am
Msg #477727

So, despite yet another promise to be paid? No check. No response to my email. Why would anyone work for this "company"? That's what I'm asking ME.

Reply by ME/NJ on 7/23/13 9:24am
Msg #477728

Why did you work for them research n/m

Reply by Notary/ME on 7/23/13 9:30am
Msg #477729

Re: Why did you work for them research

I didn't post for sarcasm. I posted for others that have been following will know that I still haven't been paid. Thank you.

Reply by ME/NJ on 7/23/13 9:38am
Msg #477730

Again no one has been paid did you think you would be

SC is here for all to read. Save yourself time, money.

Reply by Notary/ME on 7/23/13 9:43am
Msg #477733

Re: Again no one has been paid did you think you would be

Are you for real? You don't know a thing about this, why not keep your useless comments to yourself? For heaven sake, several of us have had ongoing discussions on this. My word, I'm a busy notary and like to keep informed and also like to pass on to other BUSY notaries important information. Now please, be nice!

Reply by John Tennant on 7/23/13 9:49am
Msg #477734

Post the info in SC. That is where all can research it. I also wonder why you would work for them with the rating they have. JMHO

Reply by Notary/ME on 7/23/13 9:54am
Msg #477737

Does it matter? My posting did not ask you why I did work. I'm certain of that.

Reply by ME/NJ on 7/23/13 9:50am
Msg #477735

Re: What I know

You worked for a crappy company and have not been paid. all could over been avoided if you took time to research the company prior to the signing. That would of taken you 2 minutes and avoided all this.

Reply by Notary/ME on 7/23/13 9:53am
Msg #477736

Re: What I know

Oh I'm sorry, I thought this was a discussion group. Wrong page. I have no time for nonsense. To those of you that sent private helpful messages, thank you so much! Have a great day.

Reply by ME/NJ on 7/23/13 9:58am
Msg #477738

Just don't like when the truth hurts.

It's a business and you need to protect every step you take. Not all puppy dogs and candy, winners and losers and you got caught. Bet you won't make the same mistake again.

Reply by Notary/ME on 7/23/13 9:59am
Msg #477739

Re: Just don't like when the truth hurts.

Maybe you should get a life.

Reply by ME/NJ on 7/23/13 10:01am
Msg #477740

Have a life a very good one..

You posted and got called out. Bet other bad companies give you a call for EOM.. Do your homework. We will see more and more these type post as we slow down and people get desperate for money they won't get or wait 90 days or more for there 60 bucks.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 7/23/13 4:28pm
Msg #477801

My two cents...

Mike.... I think you made your point. Belaboring it is only counterproductive, imo. The only thing it will accomplish is to further discourage others from posting this kind of information about this - and other - companies when they have a similar experience and either forget to check SC, or don't know about it, or have a moment of weakness.

The fear of posting here is already huge. I can't tell you how many people I've talked to or heard from in other ways who say that they never post here for fear of being pounced on, but it's lots and lots. That only hurts us all. So yes, people should know better, and yes, we get tired of hearing it, but I believe we're going to be entering another cycle where business will be slowing, putting financial pressure on many more companies. This type of feedback will become even more useful to everyone, so I don't think we should discourage people from being brave and posting details about bad experiences.

Do we want to encourage people to not work for the unethical, irresponsible, no-pay companies? Absolutely!! But if forum readers stay quiet because of a fear of this type of reaction, we'll be less informed about who those companies are over time and it will only hurt us all. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's already happening but we have no way of knowing to what extent...

Reply by LKT/CA on 7/23/13 7:49pm
Msg #477840

Re: My two cents...I agree with ME/NJ

The OP's profile claims 29 years in real estate with "closing table" experience. There is at least 3 years of history on Notary Biz (Msg #329887) on Not Rot and the numbers forum. The orange search and google would have instantly brought up their bad history. Just about every time I'm on the forum, I advise notaries to review a company before they print docs and if reviews are bad, give the job back. Notaries can't find Not Rot to do the research - which would take all of 2 minutes - yet they sure know where Not Rot is to complain. It's one thing when a newbie gets the shaft due to lack of business acumen but a notary claiming 29 years in real estate with "closing table experience" is expected to know better. To volunteer to work for a deadbeat, then complain ?!?!?

IMHO, Mike is on point with all of his posts in this thread. Posters don't need coddling - the truth should be told, and that is.. when one volunteers to get in the cage with a viper, they will get bit - guaranteed. All of those people you claim are afraid to post for fear of being pounced on.....that's probably a good thing. JMHO

Reply by NC_Closer on 7/23/13 10:21am
Msg #477745

I was paid.

Reply by ME/NJ on 7/23/13 10:35am
Msg #477746

I linked it, why have you not posted it on SC? You must be one of the very few.

Reply by NC_Closer on 7/23/13 10:55am
Msg #477747

They only paid me after I contacted the title company and advised I would be filing a complaint with the NCCOB. It's my opinion that hiring an officer of the state to facilitate a mortgage closing then refusing to pay is loan fraud. Apparently the TC and NB weren't willing to challenge my opinion.

Reply by ME/NJ on 7/23/13 11:09am
Msg #477754

It worked for you, as it has for me in the past with some borderline companies. But again research would of avoided the long delay and I am willing to bet if you saw the reviews the answer would of been no in the first place.

I am also guess you would not take work from them again.

Reply by MW/VA on 7/23/13 11:33am
Msg #477757

Your post has been linked to Signing Central, which is

where there is already a lot of reports from notaries about the poor payment history for this co. Do yourself a favor, and use SC to avoid being stung by these cos. with a bad rep.
While you may think you're sharing info on a bad co., please realize that this is basically "old news" on this co.

Reply by NC_Closer on 7/23/13 11:41am
Msg #477759

Re: Your post has been linked to Signing Central, which is

In 10 years and thousands of closings I have been stiffed once. But thanks for the advice.

Reply by Notary/ME on 7/23/13 12:36pm
Msg #477773

Re: Your post has been linked to Signing Central, which is

Yep. This was my one an only agency that didnt pay either. Ive been lucky in 30 years to have always been paid.

Reply by Notary/ME on 7/24/13 3:13pm
Msg #477942

$

So, sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the grease. For all those with the negative comments about my posting? Payment received today. I had only done the signing because the actual borrower was known to me and was in an unfortunate situation and it was that client that I did it for, not Notary Biz. That is why I did the Closing despite what I KNEW about Notary Biz, not just read on here. I had compassion for the borrower so I did in fact take a chance. Regardless, problem solved.

Reply by JABFL on 8/6/13 1:49pm
Msg #479403

I reported them to the CA BBB. We'll see how that goes.

Reply by Sarah Fuquay on 12/13/13 8:57pm
Msg #496085

I did work for them in October for the first time. I forgot to check them out first and later when I looked I got a little scared from the negative comments. However my first job with them was 10/25/13 and they did pay me on 12/6/13. I called them when I hadn't received a check in the mail and asked if they would PayPal me. They used an e-check through PayPal and it came through a few days later. Eric has been very nice on the phone. I have 2 more from Nov. that I should be paid for at the end of this month.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.