Msg #475517

The Notary Spot - Any info

TheNotarySpot
929 Walnut Street
Suite 4103
Kansas City, Mo 64106

Reply by Lynchburg Notary Group, LLC - Irene Knowles on 7/3/13 5:51pm
Msg #475529

Found out these people were formerly Mid States Notary. When I asked them to pay up front because of their 1 star rating, they refused. This was a signing that was to take place between 9-9:30 p.m. Something smells fishy here. Glad I asked them to pay up!

Reply by JanetK_CA on 7/3/13 6:45pm
Msg #475539

Better yet, why not just turn down the assignment altogether? When you ask for pay upfront, you're just facilitating them by helping them stay in business another day. Plus, they may be taking payments received for someone else and, instead of paying that person on time, you get paid instead, compounding the problem.

If they're unable to fill the assignment, the title co will turn to someone else. If you're lucky enough to be in an area that isn't too saturated with notaries, you might end up getting the same assignment from a better company. You then help support one of the good guys and may even end up being paid more.

I'm encouraging all of you to try to use situations like this to become part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

Reply by Michael Tomlinson on 12/7/13 6:42am
Msg #495404

This is Michael. In own and operate TheNotarySpot. I also operate Mid-States. No sure why my company or I would be designated as scumbucket because I didn't pay up front. We have 70k notaries and closing attorneys in our database. I decided as a policy last year, end of year to stop using PayPal fror the upfront jobs (rarely ever requested anyway) because I remain unpaid or reimbursed for 7 signings last year that never occurred. Notary no-show. Lost an account on one if them. Using that warped, wrapped around logic, all notaries would be scumbags because those notaries didn't return my money even though they never showed at the closing... but that doesn't work because I also am a notary and I know I'm not a scumbag. Non-sensical. Best part of my job is when I can leave the office and go do closings just like all of you do. It is how I started this company. By myself. Doing closings. I did such a good job my local title companies started if i could find another good notary in other cities. I still try to close 40 a month because I love what I do. If you read any other posts anywhere you will see we don't have one single complaint about non payment. In fact you only see that the notaries say they received payment. Been in business for 7 years. We don't use Notary Rotary or the numbers site. We are setup with Coffee plan plus we have our own database of title company, attorneys and realtor closers since a large part of our business are REO cash purchases. You can't be in the purchase side working with the REO owners, title companies and attorneys and be a no-pay company. You wouldn't last long. We closes thousands of transactions every month. If you ever have any questions feel free to call me. I put my cell number on every confirmation we send out and it is on the signature line of every email my company sends.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 7/3/13 9:39pm
Msg #475579

Pleeeze don't ask for upfront payment!

Turn 'em down flat and tell 'em why. We all need to do our part to run these bums out of business, and taking a job from them only keeps them screwing other notaries.

Besides, there's a good chance you might have got this job through the TC or a reputable SS later on in the day if the scumballs at Spot couldn't get it filled.

Reply by LMS on 7/4/13 10:10am
Msg #475624

They don't show in SC for me. But, I have worked for them several times and they have always paid my fee, paid in 30-35 days, been easy to work for and answer their phone.
I have no problem working for them. Schedulers are always professional and very nice.

Reply by Lynchburg Notary Group, LLC - Irene Knowles on 7/4/13 1:56pm
Msg #475650

Thank you very much. I am happy with my decision and can move on.

Reply by Tudi/CA on 7/14/13 1:26am
Msg #476755

I did a signing for them on 6/04/2013 and was paid on 7/12/2013. They paid $ xxx for a 75 page document at a location 3 miles from my home. Everything went fine with the transaction...no problems encountered. This was the first time I worked for them, and based upon this experience, I would work for them again.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.