Notary Rotary
Update on NotaryLogix/Millenium Law Center
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by signingdiva/ on 7/20/13 10:49am
Msg #477554

Check sent from NL for signing services. Deposited in bank and wrote on it. Notified by bank check was bad and not payable. Not only created havoc with my account, but also cost me the returned check fees. Sent them an email with time bar to remit my fee and the bank fees. No response. Don't let this happen to you. NEVER...NEVER...NEVER do business with these companies or anyone doing this type of business. Keep watching for name changes on them also. Wouldn't surprise me if they start to do business under new names and titles.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 7/20/13 1:17pm
Msg #477571

Millenium LAW Center (emphasis added):

Their website and their name tells me they are attorneys. Have you considered reporting them to the State Bar Association (theirs and yours)? Have you considered reporting them to your DA's office? Their website also states they are accredited with the BBB. Have you considered filing a complaint with the BBB? This latter may not get you paid. However, the complaint will be on file and will affect their BBB rating.

These are, of course, only suggestions. Personally, I would sent them a fax, a certified letter and an email telling them what you're about to do. Give them 3 days to get all funds to you by certified check or PayPal (with service charges). These communications should cc their president/CEO. If they still don't pay you all funds, follow through.

Also, their website says they're on the major social medias (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.). If they're not responding to your above communications, maybe they'll respond on social media???

Reply by BevTX on 7/20/13 2:45pm
Msg #477586

There's a whole lot to be said for Chase Pay or Paypal.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 7/22/13 5:25pm
Msg #477695

Better yet, don't work for them at all!!!! These people (and others like them) should not be in this business, period! And agreeing to do signings for them, whether they pay you up front or not, is just enabling them to continue in business. I'm glad to hear that they're in receivership. Hopefully that will keep other people from falling victim to their scams -- at least until, like someone else said, they open up again under a different name.

What I wonder about is how companies like this keep finding clients. Do they lie or just underbid everyone else? It would be nice if all title companies took more responsibility, carefully checked out who they contract with, and quit giving work to fraudsters who don't pay their notaries!

Reply by Bear900/CA on 7/20/13 4:27pm
Msg #477596

See Msg #476255

Reply by signingdiva/ on 7/20/13 6:30pm
Msg #477606

Thank you all so much for your support and help. I will follow up in the legal channels and advise on NR as to the results.

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/20/13 10:14pm
Msg #477618

As you have the info, PLEASE add them to Signing Central

Also wish everyone would code them for all states unless you know a company truly only operates in one or two states. Can't tell you how many times I've tried to add a company and get a 'already listed' message...but I can't see the company!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/21/13 8:47am
Msg #477623

I read elsewhere they're in receivership

FTC took them over - good luck.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.