Notary Rotary
ValueAmerica
Notary Discussion History

ValueAmerica
Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by Fuzzy1955 on 7/20/13 11:30am
Msg #477557

ValueAmerica

I was approached yesterday (and I suspect many of us were) to join ValueAmerica. As we all should be, I am interested in new opportunities.

I determined pretty quickly that this is an intermediary company who seeks to engage all the participants in a real estate transaction in one electronic platform or eCommerce. This is essentially a conduit to receive orders from various customers (title companies). This is very much the same as RealEC which was developed between Stewart Title and Fidelity National Title in the late 199X.

In order to be a vendor you have to agree to pay a fee for every accepted order. Their range is from $3.50 to $7.00 per order. The kicker is that you pay for each order even if that order cancels!

I watch my cancellations and they are running at nearly 16% YTD.

The benefits to the customers is that they can achieve a secure way of delivering documents and for fax backs, a secure way that the notary could return them with out using unsecured email.

I really don't have a problem in using this system but, my fees have to go up if I am expected to pay for every order I might receive and cover the cost of the 16% that cancel that I never get paid for!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/20/13 11:34am
Msg #477559

2-star company - I deleted it.

I just don't have the time or patience in my life any more for less than 3.5, 4 or 5 star companies. That sound uppity? Well, it probably is - but I concentrate on companies who support their notaries, pay their notaries and respect their notaries.

JMO

Reply by Notarysigner on 7/20/13 11:58am
Msg #477561

Re: 2-star company - I deleted it. Ditto n/m

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 7/20/13 3:04pm
Msg #477587

No uppity at all. Just good business sense!

I'd dump the 3.5 stars, too.

Reply by MW/VA on 7/20/13 1:18pm
Msg #477572

I can't remember which co. it was, but they had tried this

platform a few years ago. They paid the fee though, and didn't expect us to absorb the cost. It obviously didn't work out, because they dumped it after a short time. I know I wouldn't sign up for something like that at this time.

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/20/13 8:53pm
Msg #477613

Re: I can't remember which co. it was, but they had tried this

Was Equifax who have been bought out by Solutionstar.

Reply by Barb25 on 7/22/13 11:51am
Msg #477663

Interesting... I also got the email and did a search here. Nothing too recent and was just about to post a question... But here you are..

I started the application process because a friend in So. Florida brought them to my attention over the weekend. He signed up and has gotten about 7 or 8 signings in 2 or 3 days. Hmm. So I started the process and when I got to the end saw the fee stucture etc. Another Hmm. I started the investigtion. I read the older posts which bring me to here.

I also called my friend who says Yeah, but still thinks it is good. So, I guess it comes down to perspective. And fee... Who knows. I am in a holding pattern right now myself. Looking for the perspective, I guess. LOL.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.