Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
What is your cutoff time to receive loan documents?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by MCREYES on 7/16/13 7:05pm
Msg #477024

Is 2 hours unreasonable? Especially when they are large packages? I go through every page before I leave home. I told a company today that I needed the loan documents at least 2 hours before the signing, and they weren't real happy...

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/16/13 7:22pm
Msg #477029

2 hours is my cutoff time - subject to change

depending on circumstances and my schedule....if I have the time to kill and wait I might just sit and wait...however I don't like starting signings later than 7pm so if it looks like it's going to go longer than that I turn it back.

Reply by Karla/OR on 7/16/13 7:42pm
Msg #477038

Re: 2 hours is my cutoff time - subject to change

If it is my ONLY closing to do that day, I ask the SS if they have an issue with me calling the BO(s) to ask if their time is a bit flexible. This allows me time to go over the docs before heading out. I have never been refused or had an issue with the BO's not understanding my delay.

If I have back-to-back closings, this poses more difficulty in doing the above. If I ask for time to go over docs I just received, then it makes me late for the next 1, 2, 3 closings following that one. Not my preference. Instead I end up heading out and explaining to the BO's the docs came in at the last minute and i did not have time to preview them. They have always been understanding.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 7/16/13 7:45pm
Msg #477039

2 hrs is reasonable. n/m

Reply by Jack/AL on 7/16/13 8:19pm
Msg #477048

It depends upon the situation. If I have other signings, they'll have priority over late signing docs. If necessary, and borrowers agree, I'll do a late-night printing and signing. That means that as long as I receive the docs in time to print them, travel, and sign before midnight, I'll probably be happy to do so. Well, willing, but probably not actually happy.

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/16/13 10:19pm
Msg #477070

Depends upon how far I have to travel. 2 hr. minimum

even tho' they sometimes come later, but if my time is important, they get a drop dead time that could be 3, 4 hours ... or even the day before... just depends on what else I have going and travel time. Just tell 'em up front what you expect.
Have to add that I think most companies consider 2 hrs. to be 'standard'. Have never heard of a co. thinking less than that should be OK with the notary.

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 7/17/13 5:42am
Msg #477086

My cut-off is however much time I actually have.

I don't have any arbitrary cut-off, and I don't impose one unless I have no other choice. If I have to do that, I can usually give them notice the day before - and I don't take last-minute work from SS's I'm not already established with, particularly at EOM. That in itself eliminates 90% of the problems. What I've deduced (so, IMO) is that the lesser-known SS's don't have exclusive contracts, but get most of their business as a last-minute resort to begin with - and *stuff* rolls downhill. Hats off to them for the effort, as I'm sure their Scramble Mode beats all.

Reply by SharonMN on 7/17/13 12:40pm
Msg #477150

Re: My cut-off is however much time I actually have.

That makes a lot of sense, Renee!

Renee said:

,,What I've deduced (so, IMO) is that the lesser-known SS's don't have exclusive contracts, but get most of their business as a last-minute resort to begin with - and *stuff* rolls downhill.

Reply by Malbrough_LA on 7/17/13 10:07am
Msg #477115

I require 2 hours minimum

I go over all docs before I head out since Louisiana law is different. There have been quite a few times when I've checked the documents and found errors in verbiage which would result in some fairly substantial issues. I contact Title or SS to let them know and the docs have to be redrafted to fix the errors. (This is why I'd prefer to nix the middle man and draft the things myself to be honest). At any rate, yes, I require 2 hours at the least.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.