Notary Rotary
training videos
Notary Discussion History

training videos
Go Back to July, 2013 Index

Posted by pat/WA on 7/19/13 5:03pm
Msg #477470

training videos

If anyone knows of a training video (u-tube) on administering the oath, I would like to watch it.
thank you

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/19/13 5:40pm
Msg #477474

Geez Louise Pat - why???

It's very simple

You raise your right hand, have the signer raise their right hand then you say "you swear the statement(s) contained in this document are true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief?"

Practice on Buc

Reply by parkerc/ME on 7/19/13 6:09pm
Msg #477484

Re: Geez Louise Pat - why???

Careful, Linda, or you'll be accused of being "arrogant, self serving, and indignant".

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/19/13 6:19pm
Msg #477487

I'm sorry if the truth may hurt, but

Someone who's been a notary for over 8 years should not need a YouTube video to show her how to do the job she should already know how to do.

Reply by parkerc/ME on 7/19/13 6:21pm
Msg #477489

Absolutely agree with you n/m

Reply by VT_Syrup on 7/19/13 5:48pm
Msg #477477

The only subtlety I pay attention to is to use the oath suggested in the Vermont notary guide, which I have written out in the back of my journal. If there is any borderline untruthful statement, I'll have a record of exactly what the signer swore to.

Reply by pat/WA on 7/19/13 6:48pm
Msg #477493

Reason

I requested a link to a signing agent video that included administering an oath is because of all the videos I have seen none of them included this.
It seemed strange to me that it was not included.

Reply by Buddy Young on 7/19/13 6:02pm
Msg #477483

Re: I use a variation of the oath Hugh gave us:

Do you swear of affirm that you are the person(s) named in these documents and that the signature you place on these documents is your usual and customary signature;

That you are executing these documents voluntarily for the purposes and the considerations stated therein; and that, with respect to any affidavits the allegations therein are true and correct to the best of your knowlege and belief?

Reply by Bear900/CA on 7/19/13 6:46pm
Msg #477492

I had to read that twice to understand it!

It sounds good though.

"Do you swear that everything in this document is true?" I quickly raise my right hand (more of a gesture) when I ask that and don't ask them to do so. That's all CA requires.

I do look them in the eye though so they don't forget that I asked and understand that they are swearing an oath.

Reply by 101livescan on 7/19/13 10:40pm
Msg #477521

wow, overkill.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 7/20/13 1:32pm
Msg #477574

You say "overkill." I say, "I like. It covers it all - both Acknowledgments and Jurats."

Thanks for posting, Buddy.

Thanks, Hugh!

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 7/20/13 3:13pm
Msg #477588

KISS

I agree with "overkill." We're just getting a loan signed here. This is a simple business transaction that IMO does not require pulling out the big guns that sound like we're going to trial or conducting a federal investigation. I think it's invasive and inappropriate (way tooo legalese) . Seems we go from one extreme (no oath at all) to the other. We're not there as lawyers .... even if we are one.

In any case, I couldn't pull it off, I'm just a simple notary ... but if it works for you ... go for it, I guess.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.