Notary Rotary
Accurate National Signings Scammers
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by Earl Gage Jr on 6/23/13 9:15pm
Msg #474465

RUN, RUN, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY. They are liars, cheats, deadbeats, thieves, they don't pay as agreed They are completely, 100000% dishonest, one danged lie leads to another. They can't keep up with their lies. They won't speak do you about your overdue payment, offer low ball fees (Lola called me for $85 BofA edocs with faxbacks subsequent to my learning about the questionable background and unprofessional conduct of Accurate's CEO). No way Jose, not going there ever again.

Signing accommodation performed for Accurate National Signings on April 4, 2013. AGREEMENT FOR PAYMENT: 45 BUSINESS DAYS OUT was June 15, 2013. Today is June 24, still no check. The borrowers I signed up were very sweet, we made a nice connection. Documents returned in a timely manner after fax backs of some 70 pp. In response to my numerous emails and telephone calls, which are forwarded to a voice mail, no real live person ever spoke with me re. the overdue amount of $95 for April 4, 2013, completed as agreed.

BEWARE, DO NOT WORK FOR THESE NO ACCOUNT DEADBEATS.

So finally last week, I get an email from Amanda Kirkish, CEO??? of ANS.

Hello Earl,

Your check was mailed out last Friday for the amount of $95 check number 3836. (Today is Sunday, June 23, two counties away and it takes eight days to get to me from Riverside county? I don't think so...The ole check is in the mail scam. Why am I surprised I've been stiffed by this low life?)

Thank you

Accounting Department
31947 Corydon Rd Suite 180
Lake Elsinore, CA 92530
Office (951) 678-8700Direct (951) 356-4998
Fax (951) 579-4093
mailto:[e-mail address]
http://www.accuratenationalsignings.com/

Only the day before I received this email, which is a complete lie!

On Jun 18, 2013, at 10:12 PM, "Accurate National Signings- Amanda" <[e-mail address]> wrote:
Hello Mr. Gage,

I just received a phone call from our afterhours coordinator and she informed me of your issue, facts are I just did a search of our system back to April and this is the last email correspondence that we have had in regards to this closing. With that being said and for your knowledge this closing was not completed properly on the 4th and had to be reclosed on the 15th and the borrowers requested to NOT have the same notary used for the initial closing (which was you).

Your payment has gone out and you should receive at any time now. As a professional courtesy unless you are invited to call after 9pm PST please refrain and contact the office during normal business hours 8am-7pm, afterhours only has limited information and it pertains to the closings that are at hand, not closings that have already happened.

Thank you

By the way, the after hours phone was answered by Karen??? who sounded just like Amanda. It's Amanda's cell phone! How in the hell does a company like this stay in business? Is this woman related to the Prez of something to have a criminal background and to run a business in such a haphazard, irresponsible manner??? Does the Bank of America in Chandler, AZ know this OR CARE, and the escrow folks at Valuamerica? Does Michael Tafoya know, he is Prez of OCTC, and he just won an award couple of weeks ago at the Title Settlement Conference in Cleveland, OH. Say it isn't so, Michael. I gotta find out who's in charge at Bank of America and OCTC compliance! This is INSANE! Keep my money, Amanda, I'll be collecting from these companies directly. Screw this company.

Like I said, avoid ANS like the plague. Save yourself the agony of having to try to collect your money from these deadbeats. ANS is no better than Signingstream (they nicked me for $5 after 60 days for something ridiculous), The Notary Biz, Unique Signatures, Genuine Title, Notaries Express, Homesignings and Final Link. NSA predators, no integrity, no honor, just plain ole greed. They must all belong to the same conniving country club. I think it's the biggest rip off of the century, these non paying signing services! But no one is regulating them so WTF. One day they'll just go out of business, keeping all the notary signing fees for themselves, like SOX, Final Link and others too numerous to name here.

Is it true you don't have to pass a background check to be the CEO of a signing service? Especially with a conviction for ID fraud and forgery. REALLY? What is this world coming to! I practically had a background autopsy to obtain my notary commission and Series 6 and 7 licenses. I ran a home for down syndrome citizens for years, I was background checked constantly to maintain my license. These people have the key to the kingdom, working directly with title and escrow and laying their eyes on our private, personal financial information! And they will screw you in a nanosecond.
I don't get it! What has happened to people's values? All about the money, huh, Amanda Kirkish, Karen, whoever the hell you are (maybe SYBIL?)? And why do you spend all OUR money on expensive tattoos and swilling liquor at Lake Havasu with your buddies? (Thanks, FACEBOOK!) These people do not take care their notaries. They are a bunch of party animals. Life is a party. To hell with notaries who are making them rich off our backs. I think it's high time to report ANS on the RIPOFFREPORT.com site, don't you? I know I'm not the only one with payment issues by this loser company. Then I'll be talking with the BBB and Dun & Bradstreet. I've got a lot of work to do here this week.
Reputation is everything!
As you can tell, I'm madder than HELL! I'm not taking it any more (working for deadbeats is the pits!). More than the $95, it's the issue of being deceived and exploited by someone with not one nth of integrity! Some uneducated, dumber than a box of rocks blond bimbo! who thinks she can outsmart honest, hardworking notaries public.

Reply by Robert522TX on 6/23/13 9:24pm
Msg #474466

No explanation of what you did wrong? n/m

Reply by Yoli/CA on 6/23/13 9:35pm
Msg #474467

Out of curiousity, Earl ~

Did you check out this company at any time prior to the actual signing? Signing Central here on NotRot is an extremely valuable tool.

To answer your question: <<How in the hell does a company like this stay in business?>> People continue to accept working with them rather than saying NO.

Yes, they should be reported to everyone you mentioned and then some. You're angry ... and rightfully so. Sorry you're having to go through this. Now, put that anger to work for you in a positive way.

Good luck. Truly hope you get your money. Please keep us apprised of situation.

Reply by Earl Gage Jr on 6/23/13 10:35pm
Msg #474472

did i say.... they are cock roaches ????? they just don't pay !!!!!

Reply by loancloser46 on 6/23/13 11:04pm
Msg #474473

You agreed to $95 for edocs w/ 70 pgs of faxbacks??

That is really a low fee for what was involved. They are scum, but my gosh why in the heck would you do that for $95?

Reply by Buddy Young on 6/23/13 11:19pm
Msg #474474

Re: You agreed to $95 for edocs w/ 70 pgs of faxbacks?? n/m

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 6/24/13 12:56pm
Msg #474522

Ditto n/m

Reply by Suzibelle01 on 6/24/13 8:26am
Msg #474485

I have worked for them several times and always got paid as stated and extra for faxbacks.
Hope they haven't changed their method of operation. Please keep us posted on payment from them.

Reply by mmk on 6/24/13 9:11am
Msg #474488

Your rage and rant is extreme

What was the error made at the signing and why did the borrowers request another notary? To have this much rage when the payment is not all that late indicates you may need help.

Guessing the SS doesn't want to work with you again either.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 6/24/13 12:54pm
Msg #474521

Not really, mmk

Just how long would you wait for a past due payment before you decided to show "rage" for non-payment, a month, two months, 6 months? The company linked has a horrible payment record.

I don't work for 45 day paying companies (they won't pay my higher fee for the excessive wait time anyway). I also do not accept signings from lowballing companies either, regardless of payment terms.

You did ask a good question, "What was the error made at the signing and why did the borrowers request another notary?"

Another good question is, Did the SS communicate the issue(s) to the NSA and was the error(s) a NSA error(s) or not?

From the OP and the comments in SC, it seems as if this company has a real issue with communication after the job has been completed but payment has not been received.

"Guessing the SS doesn't want to work with you again either."
Based on the company's reputation with other NSA's that have worked with them, I'm guessing that is a blessing for this, or just about any, NSA.

Reply by mmk on 6/24/13 3:26pm
Msg #474540

Re: Not really, mmk

It did not close on signing date and he agreed to the 45 days when he accepted.

I had a company that was 45 days late, they apologized and promised it had been mailed on April 24. I did not rage, but I did call the title co. when I still had not received it by June 10. I received a new check by Fed Ex overnight. Two days later I received the original check postmarked April 24, six weeks after it was mailed.

S***t happens. They may not have a good history but it sounds like there are extenuating circumstances and certainly not worth blowing a gasket! Smile

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 6/25/13 9:33am
Msg #474617

Re: Not really, mmk

"he agreed to the 45 days when he accepted."

The 45 day pay schedule isn't the issue, since he agreed to that (sorry if there was any confusion in my post - the NO Net 45+ is my own policy).

IMO, if any company that has a Net 45 payment schedule, or longer, cannot pay their IC's on time, as agreed, they would be showing signs of either a serious cash-flow and/or lack of working capital problems, or a serious lack of business ethics. After the 3 day period, 99%+ of the time, when title closes out the loan (refi, RM, etc.) funds are disbursed and payments are sent out. If a SS happens to have a different type of payment arrangement with a TC (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc.), that is their business and, as a SA, none of mine; nor is it of any concern to me. Any SS should have enough working capital to pay as they agreed, regardless of when, or even if, they receive payment from the TC's. Any delays, or non-payments, from TC's are just one of the business risks involved in operating any SS business. SS companies should, as any business does, already have the costs of such risks built into the fees they charge their customers, the TC's.

The issue for the OP, according to his post, was that not only did the SS not pay on time as agreed but, when he attempted to contact them regarding the past due payment, they would not respond in a timely manner to his emails and phone calls. Not only that, but when they did decide to respond, he received conflicting status information regarding payment being mailed from a county that is within 2 counties of him in the same state. Also, it had not been received after at least 7 days from at least one of the supposedly mailing dates.

"In response to my numerous emails and telephone calls, which are forwarded to a voice mail, no real live person ever spoke with me re. the overdue amount of $95 for April 4, 2013, completed as agreed." (in the OP, Msg #474465 )

When a company has not paid as agreed, refuses to return calls and emails in a timely manner, sends conflicting accounts of the status of the past due invoice when they finally do decide to respond, and respond in a condescending manner, then YES, imo, any NSA has the right to be upset and show whatever amount of "rage", as you put it Wink , they feel is appropriate and immediately rate them in SC. That is one way that the comments in SC have helped many people see slow/non payment trends early enough to avoid working for free or having to chase down payments. Unfortunately, a lot of newbie’s and even some seasoned NSA's either don't use SC as the tool it is intended to be or just think that somehow companies with bad track records will suddenly change for them.

In this case, I think IF this was just a company mistake (I'm being kind here) or IF there really were issues with the signing, the company dropped the ball. They should have responded right away, especially considering this was a new NSA and it was his first payment issue. To me, something does not pass the smell test for me to side with the company in the situation described.

First, IF the NSA made a mistake that caused the loan not to fund and forced a re-sign, then
1) Why did the company not contact him immediately to address the issues?
2) Why is the company willing to pay him, and in full at that, and a second NSA for the second closing?
3) Why was that payment not even processed until after the 45 day due date they agreed to?

It appears, by their willingness to pay him in full, the issue(s) was not caused by anything the NSA did. If they had to re-sign, that has absolutely nothing to do with his payment or extend the due date as the issue(s) was something out of his control. He did the job he was requested to do; payment should have followed as agreed.

Believe me, with over 7 years in this business, I know very well that many things can happen Smile and a payment can be late without it being any big deal or any deceit on the hiring company's behalf. I have had some good customers that have been late with a payment or two from time to time. I have also had a few companies that I have helped to expose and help put them out of business for their constant not paying as agreed business practices. When this has happened with one of my good customers, it has almost always been resolved in a timely manner with whatever the issue that caused the payment not to be received on time being corrected right away and we have continued our good working relationship. The few times that has not been the case with a good customer it usually ended our working relationship and a few of them finally went out of business within 6 months to a year or so; almost always leaving quite a few other NSA's with non-paid invoices for work already preformed.

There are a few key issues to consider. IF the company is new-to-me (as it seems this one was for Earl), payment is expected to be on time as agreed (I usually don't sweat it if received within 2-3 days of due date). If not, the company had better, at the very least, respond to my inquiries in a timely manner (w/n 24 hrs or 1 business day for me). I don't care if the response is to tell me what the company's issue was and why payment has not been sent or to tell me that payment was sent whenever and why it was not mailed out on time. The tone they reply to me in is also very important as they are the ones that did not honor our agreement. If a new-to-me company, or even a good customer, refuses to speak to me when I call or respond to my emails, red flags are immediately raised. If, when they do finally respond they can't get their stories straight regarding payment and are condescending in their response, anyone would be justified in going off on them, if they so wanted. I mean, who in their right mind would even worry about, or even consider, continuing to accept work from any company that lies to them about past due invoices?

With careful documentation on my part, and many posts on several notary sites regarding just such a situation, I finally received my full payments, plus the late charges, from a scam artist, imo, a few years back. He had changed his company name every year for the previous 3 years (stiffing NSA's every time). Due to the amount of negative attention I brought to him, personally, and his company(ies) within a two month period, I noticed that he had once again changed the name of his company between the time of the signings I accepted and the time he made final payments to me. I also contacted the TC's and the Lenders that were associated with the signings I had preformed for his SS company about my experience with him. I know that at least one of the national TC's I contacted refused to have any more dealings with him, regardless of what company names he used. From what I understand, he finally left the SS business a month or two after I received final payment. Hearing that felt almost as good as receiving payment from him. Wink

So sometimes, blowing a gasket can have very good results for the NSA, as well as the SA industry as a whole. Smile

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 6/24/13 9:16pm
Msg #474579

Wondered how long before the word "rant" appeared n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/24/13 9:19am
Msg #474491

"With that being said and for your knowledge this closing was not completed properly on the 4th and had to be reclosed on the 15th and the borrowers requested to NOT have the same notary used for the initial closing (which was you). "

Interesting - would be interested in more detail about this. And if your property records are online you can prove or disprove this by going online and getting a copy of the recorded security instrument. If it's the one YOU did - well...

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/24/13 10:54am
Msg #474502

They are rated 2 stars

And there's a lot of bad press about them from the orange search button. Why did you accept work from them. The key is to always research a company as soon as possible and especially before you print docs. You found this site to complain...why didn't use this site to research this company?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.