Acquaintance just told me she has a 64% rating with
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by Belinda/CA on 6/14/13 6:31pm
Msg #473414

FASS and still gets work regularly.

She is being dinged for things like: overlooking required initials on Itemization of Amount Financed, correcting items without instructions to do so that should be left alone, forgetting her notarial stamp, leaving off 'notary public' after her name on the certificates, keeping docs a day too long, etc. Not just getting dinged for leaving a sticky tab on a certificate or forgetting the notary evidence form. They still hire her.

I am curious. What is too low on the percentage rating system? When would they cut someone off? I can't comprehend a 64%er still gets calls.

And yes, we did have a mini-training session after that confession.

Reply by ToniK on 6/14/13 6:58pm
Msg #473418

Wonder if the other notaries are rated lower...compare to a 35% vs 64% they probably got themselves a good deal.

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/14/13 7:06pm
Msg #473419

Probably works very cheaply.

Reply by John/CT on 6/14/13 7:15pm
Msg #473420

Re: FASS

I think you've got it, Lee. Altho I have a 100% rating with FASS, I don't qualify for their White Glove status because my fees are higher than whatever is their "norm". Most of the calls I do get from them are far outside my regular service area, which they decline when I quote my higher fee.

Reply by Christine/OK on 6/14/13 11:18pm
Msg #473436

Re: FASS

Yes, I agree with Lee, low fees.

My experience has been the same as John/CT. White Glove status and no errors. They said that my fees are higher than the 'norm.' So, I asked - 'What is the norm?' Their reply was $75 including edocs. I shared that I recently had completed market research and that there was only ONE lone NSA in the 50-mile radius region that accepted fees that low and one NSA out of 28 in the region [who are at $100 or above], does not constitute a 'norm' value.

I requested that they reevaluate the region and their 'norm' fee.

They refused. : / Think they missed their mathematics professor's presentation on norm, mean, average, and anomalies? Big Smile

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/14/13 8:23pm
Msg #473428

She probably accepts $50 signing fees....and thinks she's making $25 an hour.

Reply by HSH/WA on 6/15/13 5:50pm
Msg #473492

Re: My fee is too high, I've been told I was the 18th

notary called on one assignment, but I still get a lot of business form Fass. I never tried to maintain "white glove". My last ding was failure to fill out a real estate tax form to which I responded that I was not licensed, insured or paid to fill out forms. If the LO wants to split me something on the side - well maybe (not really).

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.