Notary Rotary
Another Scam Alert!
Notary Discussion History

Another Scam Alert!
Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 6/1/13 10:58am
Msg #471934

Another Scam Alert!

Had a call at my friend's grandmother's house this week. The caller stated they were from "Life Alert" and someone (a friend or family member) purchased Life Alert as a gift but they needed to verify the phone number and information. We didn't give them any info and said No Thanks. I did some research and found that Life alert doesn't solicit via phone or email. They only advertise in AARP, Drs offices and newspaper flyers. The caller id is from FIA CARD SERVICES. further research shows they are scam artists who try to get your personal info & credit card #. Her friend had the same call last week - she hung up on them.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 6/1/13 2:26pm
Msg #471974

FIA cardservices is a Regions Bank Credit Card. Might want to alert Regions.

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/1/13 10:05pm
Msg #471997

Whether it's a business <allegedly> or a private person, I always tell the caller to give me THEIR contact info and I'll pass it on to the person and it's up to the person whether or not they'll make contact.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.