Another really stupid form to sign
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by Yowheelz on 6/20/13 10:47am
Msg #474082

Agents must sign and return the following form:

"American Title, Inc. (ATI) requires signing agents to alert ATI of a deceased customer as soon as the signing agent has been notified. If the signing agent encounters any situation involving a deceased customer, please call"

Aw Shucks, I guess I can no longer sign for deceased borrowers. What kind of idiots (me excluded)do they have working for them that they make you sign a form like this.

Reply by Cari on 6/20/13 10:58am
Msg #474083

probably the same nsa's that take those low a$$ fees of $45 lol...

It doesn't make any sense, even though we nsa's are often times the only LIVE (punn intended) beings these BO see, sometimes the most ridiculous forms are legit ones.

The form wouldn't be needed if we call to confirm the appointment. But some hiring parties don't even let us do that...sooo...

Reply by Linda Juenger on 6/20/13 11:57am
Msg #474086

Here's the email I received.

Hello Signing Agents!

ATI has implemented new processes (attached) regarding Customer Complaint & Escalation and Deceased Customer Notification that we need all of our active signing agents to review, sign, date and return. This document is required to keep your file active with us. Please make sure the “Printed Name/Business Name” field is completed or that you attach a cover sheet so we are able to locate your file in our system.

If you are receiving this email it is because you are listed in our database as an active signing agent. If you wish to be removed from our database please let us know. If you have not updated your file with us recently please click the following link http://americantitleinc.com/static/ATI-NotaryPacket.pdf to complete a Notary Application. This will ensure we have updated contact info, coverage, fees and required signing agent documentation (notary stamp/certificate, Errors and Omissions Insurance, etc.).

Your prompt attention in this matter would be GREATLY appreciated.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Thank you!

Vendor Management

P: (800) 589-7329 ext 4596

F: (866) 761-2569

Dept: [e-mail address]

Exceptional customer service is our number one priority at American Title, Inc. In order to ensure we are providing such service, please contact our owners with compliments or opportunities for improvement at [e-mail address] or 402.778.43

Reply by Yoli/CA on 6/20/13 3:12pm
Msg #474120

Speaking of American Title, Inc.

Did y'all get the email regarding the "required" video and test for NSA's? It's a short video and the test is only 11 questions -- all very basic. Those forms mentioned above are included in the video.

I'm relatively new to their database and have never had the opportunity of working with them. Each time they've called, we can't seem to get a meeting of the minds regarding fees. Wink

Reply by janCA on 6/20/13 3:43pm
Msg #474122

Re: Speaking of American Title, Inc.

I told them to take me out of their database as their fees were much too low and insulting, especially coming from a title company.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 6/20/13 3:49pm
Msg #474123

Re: Speaking of American Title, Inc.

I also am not currently working for them. Fees too low and they want a BGC from their company. No charge, but I just said no. I have one and there is nothing on it and just don't see why they can't accept the one I have. I'm tired of this business not being consistent. If its good for one, why can't it be good for another. BS

Reply by VT_Syrup on 6/20/13 6:13pm
Msg #474137

I've never worked for ATI. I wonder how they would feel if I added a clause such as "I will notify ATI if I am notified of a deceased customer, unless health confidentiality laws prevent me from doing so."

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.