Notary Rotary
Borrower wanted to see my ID
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by anotaryinva on 6/5/13 3:47pm
Msg #472365

Called the borrower yesterday to confirm an appt to get just a couple of docs signed. He asks me if I have ID and or a business card if I will show it (them) to him. Of course I do and sure why not, I'll even show you my Commission from the Commonwealth of VA and I will use my stamp while we sign the documents as I always do.

I thought it was really strange until I get there today and he explains his request. The first notary assigned called to confirm. He googled her. He said he just wanted to confirm she really was a notary, which by looking at her website everything seemed in order. Problem arose when this notary shows up and is not the one pictured on her site, so he asks to see her ID. She gets insulted and refuses to show him her id; he in turn refused to sign thinking she was an imposter.

Now I have no idea if this notary used a stock photo on her site or if she really did send someone else but if you have a website and have a person on it it should probably be a picture of yourself not some model.

Reply by ToniK on 6/5/13 4:05pm
Msg #472367

If this was the guy with the last name Sealine....he a bold face lie. I was scheduled to show up and yes I didnt show him my drivers license and he was talking crazy about being scammed.

This is how it started...I pull up and the first thing he says is "Im not signing because no one told me about this and I just called my mortgage company to verify if my mortgage was closed and no one has confirmed with me."

he asked for a Title company business card and I said I dont carry those. He did not ask if I was a notary or to provide proof I was a notary. Plus he said he googled me and came across a facebook page (which my official facebook page is not under my name I use for business and there is another person who has my exact name on facebook and linkedin).

I called him two days in advance and left a message to call me back to confirm our appointment. Then I get an email a day before asking if I can change it to an earlier time. I agreed and called him back and left another message at which he never returned my call.

When I arrived at his home, when he told me he wasnt going too sign. I said fine and was going to leave but I was a bit pissed that he couldnt have called me and told me that before I arrived. If he had any issues he should have spoken to the Title rep who called him. Which I even have emails from her saying she had spoke to him a couple of times. Not once did he ask if I was a real notary or to show proof of being one which I carry my own business card with MY company name on it NOT the Title company name which he wanted to see.

Reply by ananotary on 6/5/13 4:12pm
Msg #472368

What a piece of work?!! n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 6/5/13 4:19pm
Msg #472369

Wow, Toni. Now that's a story of paranoia, for sure. Some

people are very suspect because of all the bad press about "robo-signings", etc. I can see that it wasn't worth the trouble, but you could have had him call someone at the tc.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 6/5/13 4:24pm
Msg #472370

Be careful. You put borrower's name on a public forum. n/m

Reply by ToniK on 6/5/13 4:26pm
Msg #472371

Re: Wow, Toni. Now that's a story of paranoia, for sure. Some

No one was answering. I left a 3 min message on the closers phone. She sent me an email Monday saying she got the message. This was a saturday signing.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 6/5/13 4:43pm
Msg #472373

Toni, on your website you state "US" in your about us

section. Do you have someone doing signings for/with you? Antionette Kitchen is mentioned as closing for various companies.

Reply by ToniK on 6/5/13 4:44pm
Msg #472374

I work alone. n/m

Reply by Linda Juenger on 6/5/13 4:46pm
Msg #472375

Who is Antionette Kitchen? She is mentioned on your website

as closing loans.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/5/13 4:47pm
Msg #472376

ToniK = Antoinette Kitchen n/m

Reply by ToniK on 6/5/13 4:48pm
Msg #472378

exactly!!! n/m

Reply by ToniK on 6/5/13 4:47pm
Msg #472377

That is my government name...Toni is a nickname

If you look at my profile on notrot, you will see the connection.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 6/5/13 4:50pm
Msg #472379

I'm so sorry. Didn't click. HUGE Senior moment. n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/5/13 4:51pm
Msg #472381

ROFL!!! n/m

Reply by ToniK on 6/5/13 4:55pm
Msg #472382

lol its ok not the first time I had people not make

the connection. I guess "Toni" must not be a common abbreviation of Antoinette.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 6/5/13 6:33pm
Msg #472387

We/Us are Branding (think "Big Enterprise") tools

this is cracking me up . . . couple of weeks ago I get an "anonymous" call asking if I was a signing service. "No, I am a notary."

Funny thing is, I have a hard enough time keeping up with myself - let alone the thought of trying to manage other people.

All Solopreneurs are entrepreneurs; but not all entrepreneurs are solopreneurs (right, huh?)

In my "corporation," I am the CEO/COE (Chief of Everything) and I have 1 FT employee (Me) and lots of freelance "partners" to help me endure business life - including mobile carriers, web & tax consultants, shippers, copy center staff for backup when needed . . .

Oh, and if anyone should ask: "Yes, I work with several title and industry personnel."

Finally, I'm not in my web picture (it's my "sister"); but I intend on mirroring that exact layout with a "model" couple friends who will do justice to a professional persona (but 1st first I need to see a weight loss coach Smile My vanity is getting in the way of pursuing - though I've mentioned it to my friend's wife and she said they'd be delighted to pose!

Reply by Linda Juenger on 6/5/13 8:15pm
Msg #472397

ToniK, I wouldn't notarize docs with Toni and ID Antionette.

LOL

Reply by linda/ca on 6/6/13 5:45pm
Msg #472475

ToniK, Yes Toni "IS" a common abbreviation for Atoinette! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.