Notary Rotary
Brother 5370DW Question
Notary Discussion History

Brother 5370DW Question
Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by Chuck Clark on 6/1/13 2:19pm
Msg #471971

Brother 5370DW Question

I love this printer except one thing: If it gets an odd size page, for example 8.65" x11.15" it thinks its out of paper and stops printing. I've tried tech support but no luck. Anybody have any ideas?

Reply by Linda Juenger on 6/1/13 2:22pm
Msg #471972

I think any printer will stop printing. My HP's did that also. I cancel the job, and figure out which pages won't print and then print them separately. It's a pita. One time I had a bunch of pages like that and I called the co and made them send them correctly. It's the way they scanned them and its on their end not yours.

Reply by Chuck Clark on 6/1/13 2:23pm
Msg #471973

OK. Thanks, Linda

Reply by JanetK_CA on 6/2/13 8:52pm
Msg #472038

That must depend on the model of printer. My HP printer (2430 dtn) pauses, then in the menu window asks if I want to change paper size. I switch to legal for that page, it prints, then continues on with the rest of the print job.

Reply by ToniK on 6/1/13 3:03pm
Msg #471975

Mine just continues to print.

Reply by Belinda/CA on 6/1/13 3:29pm
Msg #471979

I have the same printer. To get past those pages I hit the Print button for each page. Usually there are just a few. Hopefully.

If you time it right you can hit Print again just as a page is printing and the next one will print. Keeps you standing there. Or, if irritated, you can just keep hitting print until it gets past those pages. Continually hitting Print keeps them printing one after the other. You can check the file and see how many are scanned wrong. Then you know how long to keep this up. If there are a lot, call and have them rescanned.

Be forewarned. They usually don't know what you are talking about/or act stupid. Of course it is all your printer's fault. Just be patient and talk to someone else.

Reply by Stoli on 6/1/13 3:58pm
Msg #471980

Open the front door of the printer and put legal size paper in the envelope/label paper slot. The printer will automatically pull from that tray for the odd size sheets.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 6/1/13 4:37pm
Msg #471981

Never knew that Stoli. Thanks n/m

Reply by pdl/cali on 6/1/13 4:51pm
Msg #471983

Re: Never knew that Stoli. Thanks

Same thing happens to me, as I have the same printer as well, and I just keep pressing print until it goes back on track.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 6/1/13 6:03pm
Msg #471989

I also have the 5370DWT (dual tray) and it does the same thing. I just press print for those few pages and re-print them "fit to size" afterwards.

So, if it'll pull and print from the flip-down manual tray, why won't it just automatically pull from the legal size tray? Is there some special formatting I'm missing?

Thanks, Stoli!

Reply by Valerie Watts on 6/1/13 7:10pm
Msg #471990

I really think there must be some way to get it to default to letter when it asks for A-4, or legal when it asks for folio. Maybe someone who works for Brother can help us on this. I've learned the hard way that when it wants me to put A4 in the multi purpose tray (which I figure is the drop-down tray) that the document will fit on letter and when it asks for folio it will fit on legal.

Reply by Christine/OK on 6/2/13 9:19am
Msg #472010

I also have the 5370DWT (dual tray) and it does the same thing. Yes, luckily I just pressed the Blue print button and it then printed one page. There are normally 2 or 3 pages together that have been scanned in with the odd size.

Thanks, Yoli, for the insight on the manual tray! I will try that next time! Awesome. Big Smile

Reply by Ali/IL on 6/2/13 3:05pm
Msg #472031

Press the go button maybe that will help.

Reply by Stoli on 6/2/13 9:26pm
Msg #472041

For the love of Mike, he didn't say "HP" he said BROTHER!!

Who cares what your HP does?

Okay, here's the deal: I know it works, but for those of you who want to argue about cr&^ that doesn't matter, keep pushing that "Go" button---again and again and again and again and again.

The difference between man and monkey is the opposing thumb and the use of tools---keep arguing---who cares?

Reply by jba/fl on 6/2/13 10:36pm
Msg #472050

Re: For the love of Mike, he didn't say "HP" he said BROTHER!!

The difference between man and monkey is the opposing thumb and the use of tools.

Man and Monkey both have opposable thumbs and both use tools. The oppossom also has opposable thumb on his rear feet and to the best of my knowledge only uses them as tools. Slight digression to match your exasparation, but who are you replying to? There is always someone who responds what they would do regarding whatever situation with their limited knowledge of the real concept of problem at hand. Why let it get you?

I mean, really, who cares? Maybe we are the only ones actually listening to this person today - did you think of that? Can you imagine no one listening to you all day long and you have to come here or some forum to gain audience?

Reply by jnew on 6/2/13 11:51pm
Msg #472055

I have found when I am printing to pdf size and a size other than legal or letter is in package, the printer paper button will light up and the page won't print. If you press go button, it will print, but will not match and defaults to the letter drawer. So if you are printing a 13 inch pdf scan, it will cut off at the bottom. I will usually trade off from the borrower copy which I make in all letter size with make fit. If it is cut off and text is missing, I will make another copy on letter as a make fit.

Reply by Matt_VA on 6/3/13 11:58am
Msg #472075

Hit the Blue " Go" Button it will print the wrong size pages one at a time. It's a real pain when title puts a bunch in. It will go back to selected page printing once your past the wrong size pages.

Reply by Matt_VA on 6/3/13 12:00pm
Msg #472076

Same as Stoli said!! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.