Notary Rotary
Docs Direct Inc.
Notary Discussion History

Docs Direct Inc.
Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by Notary/ME on 6/19/13 11:03am
Msg #473962

Docs Direct Inc.

Just had an email request for printing and attending a closing in 5 hours, and 45 miles away. Fee? $100.00 . Hello? They want a notary or a newspaper delivery? Thankful that we don't have many clients that expect us to work for next to nothing. Very thankful for clients that pay us reasonable fees for professional Notary/Closing agent work!

Reply by TamaraCA on 6/19/13 11:48am
Msg #473970

Its getting worse!

I just got a call last night wanting me to notarize for $75 to drive 26 miles one way (which will take me 1 hour to get there on back roads). Rediculous. Then they talk to you like you are trying to steal money from them for asking for a larger fee. Gas cost $4.00 a gallon!!! Very frustrating. I told them that if they can't find someone to call me back but that my fee was set.

Reply by Notarysigner on 6/19/13 12:03pm
Msg #473973

Re: Its getting worse!

I don't know where you are but I got a similar call yesterday plus a whopping extra $15.00 to fax back the entire package. The call came from a LV number.

Reply by TamaraCA on 6/19/13 6:37pm
Msg #474004

I am in the Sierra Foothills. I have been getting a lot of them asking me to travel to South Lake Tahoe as well. That is a minimum of 45 miles one way.

Reply by ajd/pa on 6/19/13 9:18pm
Msg #474035

Had a company call me tonight to do a refi, about 120 pages, 30 pages of faxbacks, not that close to me (don't even remember the town now) and she said "I see we have paid you $85 in the past, can you do that again?" I had to refrain from laughing as I told her what my fee would be. Of course that was more then they make on the job. We agreed to a fee, but when I got home and there was no confirmation e-mail, I figured they found someone cheaper. Sure enough, there was an e-mail with the apology that they could/would not meet my fee so they had to keep looking. Now if I can get my husband to understand why I won't take the $85 assignments.

Reply by 101livescan on 6/19/13 11:31pm
Msg #474057

I was at a local title company today and there was a notary who drove up 38 miles from the south hired by an affiliated signing service, paying that notary $75. Of course, she did not have to print the documents. I also signed a package for that title company today, my fee was $125, and I did not print those documents.

I have three such packages for one client at his home tomorrow, back to back, $125 each, for the same escrow officer.

It's all about having the self-confidence, the verve and the ability to believe in yourself, negotiate the highest and best fee possible and not let these SS companies eat you alive. It is also important to be able to develop relationships with people who value your level of service and ability to guide the borrower through his package in a timely, seamless manner.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.