Notary Rotary
Fingerprinting
Notary Discussion History

Fingerprinting
Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by Michelle/FL on 6/10/13 12:18pm
Msg #472772

Fingerprinting

Ok fellow notaries. Does anyone know what is required to do livescan fingerprints? Is there a special training? how do I get started? What about the fingerprint cards?

Any comments will be helpful.

Michelle

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 6/10/13 12:35pm
Msg #472777

First you to do some research to see if there is a market for livescan in your area. It's a big business in CA but not in AZ for example. There's just no call for it here.

Reply by 101livescan on 6/10/13 12:55pm
Msg #472779

I believe FL has been approved for outsourced vendors like I am in CA. You should go to the DOJ website for FL and find out what the process is for becoming an approved vendor. Their are many kinds of machines out there. Some are not worth $3000 because of the downtime. I paid $7000 for my machine and never an issue, plus my liaison software company that "cleanses" my transmissions is top flight, and I have annual software support with all DOJ updates to their databases.

Email me if you want further info. This is my fifth year as an Approved Live Scan Facility in Santa Barbara. I only have the best clients. No falling down drunks, sex or drug offenders. Mostly people trying to get licensure, certification, ABC approval, security guards, teachers, drs. nurses, nice people.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/10/13 3:48pm
Msg #472805

You have to be certified by the Florida Department of

Law Enforcement (FDLE) -

As someone else stated, check your market. I know, around here, there's one place I know of charges only $15 to do them (livescan); also, the jail will do them for free (rolled).

Wonder what the startup cost is to take that mobile...I can imagine it must be pretty pricey.

Good luck.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/10/13 3:49pm
Msg #472806

By the way, meant to add

I don't think livescan requires cards - they're automatically transmitted to wherever they're going (I believe) - cards are for rolled ink fingerprints.

Reply by Michelle/FL on 6/10/13 10:14pm
Msg #472845

Thank you everyone for your response.

Reply by Maria de los A Perez-Morales on 7/11/13 11:19am
Msg #476335

Hello all. I have an idea of the fingerprinting process, but I wonder if I can take the fingerprinting on the card and take it to livescan provider to send it to the FLDLE. I want to provide this service but not sure about the less expensive but effective equipment to buy. Please advise

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.