Notary Rotary
Here's one for the books
Notary Discussion History

Here's one for the books
Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by MonicaFL on 6/6/13 10:47am
Msg #472425

Here's one for the books

I just had a call from a local realty company about a purchase I handled as a notary in 2005 - Yes, 2005! Seems like there were two mistakes on the legal discription and wanted to know if I had any idea as to how they could get it corrected. I told him to call the clerk of court to see how they would handle the situation and/or call the title company who did the title search. You just never know what kind of phone calls you are going to get!!!!! Just really threw me for a loop.

Reply by Dennis_IN on 6/6/13 10:56am
Msg #472426

I got a call a couple days ago on a loan I closed in 2011. The TC had sent the MTG to the lender for a signature and it came back without my ack page. They wanted me to complete another one and send it to them. I said that i'd be glad to go out and get BO to resign MTG, haven't heard back from them. Wonder how they solved their predicament?

Reply by ikando on 6/6/13 3:11pm
Msg #472462

I was called recently and asked about a notary totally unrelated to me or my business, who had notarized something for someone over a year ago. I asked why they called me, to which the response was, because you're a notary that came up in Google. I directed them to the Secretary of State website.

Reply by Christine/OK on 6/6/13 12:46pm
Msg #472433

Yes, Monica! I receive some very interesting calls regarding GNW as well. If I cannot assist, I will provide a re-direct. Sometimes, I do further research and learn something new myself as well. Big Smile Great post.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/6/13 1:32pm
Msg #472439

Um Duh? Hope they're not paying this realtor

big bucks -

How about just let the current title company know there's errors in the description and let them get it straightened out! Probably something as simple as getting a new survey done for the metes and bounds.

Good grief...

Reply by MonicaFL on 6/8/13 10:14am
Msg #472639

Re: Um Duh? Hope they're not paying this realtor

yes, I suggested a new survey.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.