Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Jan Mondragon of All Service Notary & Signings: New Info!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by Lauren Tibert Wells on 6/4/13 9:07pm
Msg #472277

She currently works for Century 21 in Lincoln, CA. Here is her website: http://www.jan.mondragon.c21selectgroup.com/agents/About-Me

Jan contracted with me in May and June of 2011 to perform loan signings for three Reverse Mortgages as follows:

B*****s
File #2301-44806
Genworth loan #30000223xx
Fee
$130

P****r
File #2301-45418
Wells Fargo loan #03219265xx
Fee
$100

Mo*****se
File #2301-46440
Wells Fargo loan #03231727xx
Fee
$125

At this time, she was doing business as:

Jan Mondragon
All Service Notary & Signings
P.O. Box 1655
Lincoln, CA 95648-1655

Phone: 916-797-0402
Fax: 916-778-7153

She has never responded to any form of communication over the last two years about why she never paid me for these.

She is listed as a California notary with the following info, so is still an active Notary:

Mondragon, Jan
Po Box 1655 Lincoln CA 95648 -1655
County Code #31
Commission #1999886
Exp Date: 12/03/2016

I have learned during all of this, that she was already hiring notaries and not paying them for these assignments. At the time she hired me, she already knew she was not going to ever pay me. She agreed in writing to pay me and agreed to the stipulations that not doing so was a criminal act in defrauding a Public Official.

I believe that in whatever current and future endeavor she enages, she will continue her deceitfulness and dishonesty.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 6/4/13 9:19pm
Msg #472278

And .....? n/m

Reply by Belinda/CA on 6/4/13 11:00pm
Msg #472288

I dont get the reply "and..."

It benefits this board when we are able to be forewarned about people like this. I do believe that is the purpose of the OP.

Reply by Jack/AL on 6/4/13 9:31pm
Msg #472279

If Jan and Janna are one and the same, so what? What now? n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 6/4/13 10:12pm
Msg #472281

And some of us are very much interested. Scamming

is her game - and I was taken by her also. Only one signing, but that is one too many as she agreed to pay then became mute. Then, after a long time, she responded and agreed to pay before going mute again and dropping from the radar.

This is a name that should be remembered by all. Since she was listed as a notary her signing service (haha!) could not be listed, so she was on no ones radar. A slippery eel out to take and take and take. If she is in a position of trust and having a fiduciary duty to those in contact with her, then she should never be forgotten just as we have others that are remembered for their dastardly deeds and the vacations in France, etc., on your money earned but unpaid.

Thanks for the new info, Lauren. I think I can make some use of it. She does not belong in a position of trust.

Reply by Lauren Tibert Wells on 6/4/13 10:21pm
Msg #472283

Re: And some of us are very much interested. Scamming

I hope anyone who needs to can use the new contact info to try and re-kindle a past claim with her.

Reply by jba/fl on 6/4/13 10:25pm
Msg #472284

Re: And some of us are very much interested. Scamming

I sure don't want to re-kindle anything else with her. I do want to be paid. I do want to hold her feet to the fire a while.

Reply by KLPsandiego on 6/4/13 11:47pm
Msg #472293

Lauren I sent you a PM. n/m

Reply by John Tennant on 6/4/13 11:04pm
Msg #472289

I have no dog in this fight, however, I would suggest that you contact, the Realtors State Licensing board, the Secretary of State, and the State Attorney General. Since all of you are out of state, she is probably considered to have performed interstate fraud. Might want to go so far as to file a complaint with IE-3, the interstate fraud division of the FBI. Don't know how much good it will do you, however, you might put her on their radar for future complaints. JMHO

Reply by Lauren Tibert Wells on 6/4/13 11:47pm
Msg #472294

Thank you! I began with the Calif. SOS. Here is the link to where you can email a complaint. Be sure to reference her name and commission #1999886. http://www.sos.ca.gov/webcontact/general/question.aspx

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 6/4/13 11:59pm
Msg #472295

Oh, OK, then. It sounded like you were building this bio on her, and I kept waiting to read what you wanted to do with it. Here's what I'd suggest (if you're looking for suggestions): If you want to get paid, it looks like you got her where you want her. Confirming that for sure JM the SS owner, JM the notary and JM the Realtor are one and the same person, I'd write her a letter, notifying her that she had X number of unpaid invoices and that if she doesn't pay up by (deadline date) you will launch collection action. Tell her that everybody involved with the transaction will necessarily be notified of the pending legal action, including the borrower, the lender, the TC, the EO, the LO, HUD and whoever oversees title in Wyoming (the Dept. of Insurance?) and especially everybody that John T. named.

Also inform her that if she plans on renewing her notary commission in 2016 that it is highly unlikely the SOS would do so with pending legal action or a legal judgment against her. And if by some chance the DOJ and FBI and other required background checks fail to turn this up, you will be sure to write directly to Debra Bowen, CA secretary of state, about such legal action. I would also point out that Century 21 and the CA Department of Real Estate would frown on an agent who was the subject of legal action attempting to collect unpaid debts incurred in a previous profession.

BTW: I think that any number of CA notaries in her area would help you if you needed!

Reply by Yoli/CA on 6/5/13 10:47am
Msg #472317

That Century 21 in Lincoln is just a few miles from me. If she still works there and any of my fellow notaries need her served (small claims or whatever), please pm me. I'd be glad to be of service to you.

Reply by 101livescan on 6/5/13 8:49am
Msg #472307

WHAT! She's still at it? Several years ago, Jan called me, sweet as pie, could a do an accommodation in my area, met my fee. I had just been reading about her on SC so I was fortunate to have it fresh in my mind about her no pay reputation. I avoided that bad boy bullet.

Whew, you really gotta be on your toes to remember all this stuff about companies' reputations when you're busy like we are. The Smart Phone helps a lot because you can look them up quickly before actually getting shafted and turn it back if you first accept, then turn it back based on knowledge base in SC.

Thanks fellow NRers for accurate reporting in SC.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.