Notary Rotary
LSI......Going With The Lowest Bidder?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by PegiT_MN on 6/5/13 10:16am
Msg #472312

I have been signing with LSI for five years for the same $xxx fee. I received a telephone call a couple of days ago for a Saturday signing in my area and when I accepted the appointment, the scheduler said "I will send that over for your fee of $xx ($35.00 less than my normal fee). I said "wait a minute, my fee is $xxx. It's always been $xxx and I do a lot of business with you. It's never been a problem." She then said that she would have to get that approved and call me back. She never called me back. It was for a regular refi. So now LSI is playing that game too......going with the lowest bidder?

Reply by Chris/ILL on 6/5/13 12:23pm
Msg #472332

Me too, been doin bus with them for 3 years, usually pay my fee or negotiate at least, Unless we somehow band together and start a min fee schedule this will continue.
Too many pt's doin closings for scratch, hurts us all.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 6/5/13 12:39pm
Msg #472334

We cannot band together and start a fee schedule. But we all can stick to our fees, and not cave to their demands. We set our fees, no one else. I have been doing this since 2005 and have not lowered my fees, nor do I intend to.

Reply by sueharke on 6/5/13 12:52pm
Msg #472336

Writing as a part-timer, I agree with the minimum fee of $100. This fee increases depending on the how big the package is, any fax backs, distance, time of day of the signing,etc.

Reply by Chris/ILL on 6/5/13 5:40pm
Msg #472385

We cannot is not the answer, if fees stuck to are below standards then thats part of the issue.

Reply by ME/NJ on 6/5/13 1:29pm
Msg #472347

Re: LSI-ServiceLink Should be investigated for price fixing n/m

Reply by parkerc/ME on 6/5/13 8:30pm
Msg #472398

No problem with LSI here...

So far, I've had no problems with LSI meeting my fee, which is >$100. Might be a regional thing?

Reply by CopperheadVA on 6/6/13 9:11am
Msg #472419

LSI has always paid lowest $XXX in my area - they have many notaries to choose from here. I accept their orders within certain parameters, which means that I keep it local so travel is minimal and I sometimes do not accept orders at peak time slots. Additionally, I ask who the lender is and I decline to accept orders with certain lenders due to the PITA factor that comes with them - low pay does not compensate for dealing with PITA lenders.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 6/6/13 11:10am
Msg #472427

Sorry this happened to you, PegiT. I can relate. As someone posted, it may be regional. When I was in the East Bay Area, LSI had no problem meeting my $XXX fees. Since moving to the Sacramento area in 2011, my fees "are too high." Funny, my fees haven't changed. Wink Actually, the unfortunate situation is, the notaries in my area are willing to accept low/er fees. Frown

Reply by Camie Jelinek Creative Signing Solutions on 6/6/13 1:31pm
Msg #472438

I am new to the Notary World and would like to know how to set my fees. I don't want to set them too low and hurt us all. Anyone mind to PM me rates I should charge? I live in a rural area that means one of two things either I will have to stay competitive to get work OR I need to stick to my fee since there are few others around.... Input?
Thx!

Reply by BobtheElder on 6/7/13 10:49pm
Msg #472609

Did one for them that came thru a SS ... no problem w my fee and a reasonable pkg size...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.