Notary Rotary
Lanyards
Notary Discussion History

Lanyards
Go Back to June, 2013 Index

Posted by NVLSlady/VA on 6/14/13 10:31am
Msg #473340

Lanyards

Please PM me if you want one to hold your ID badge. Don't have an ID badge? Well, I'll send you MY design and you can print one. The plastic holder can be obtained just about anywhere.

Have a good weekend!

Reply by Susan Fischer on 6/14/13 10:56am
Msg #473346

Re: Lanyards - Oh, wow. Flashback to GS summer camps,

and perfecting the art of lanyard design...

So, if you're sending a kid to camp, put your order in - and voila! Custom lanyard made by the most talented kid (yours) with loads of love for hardworking NSA parent...? Woohoo.

Love your idea.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 6/14/13 10:59am
Msg #473348

Re: Lanyards - Oh, wow. Flashback to GS summer camps,

Oh wow, people design their own lanyards? Who knew?! I was only talking about the badge (separate) design. The lanyard itself just says "Notary Public"

Reply by MistarellaFL on 6/14/13 11:22am
Msg #473356

I thought a lanyard was the rope the ID clip hung from n/m

Reply by Yoli/CA on 6/14/13 11:50am
Msg #473363

It's not??? n/m

Reply by Susan Fischer on 6/14/13 3:18pm
Msg #473401

<laughing> Ok, here's the skinny: the Official 'I belong

here' Badge; house key; whistle; dog tag, or even an empty clipper-onner, is one thing. The lanyard is the 'braided' and usually very colorful 'rope' thingie, rather loosely based on a noose design (the "knot" cleverly sliding up and down to accommodate bigger heads) and a clippy-do at the bottom end for the badge, key, etc.

Now, you have your revered diamond pattern, some other ones I can't remember, and more colors than you can shake a stick at of thin, narrow plasticky strands to create masterpieces.

Michelle, you don't need 100 badges, darlin' - you no gotta show us no stinkina badges, to quote a really great line. You just need a few Girl Scouts to show you the "ropes" - hahahahaha - and get a badge at any office supply store.

Oops, gotta go, just had an overwhelming urge to roast a marshmallow, squish it between Hershey Bar squares, and sing a few rounds of Row Row Row Your Boat to a roaring campfire.

Reply by VT_Syrup on 6/14/13 11:01am
Msg #473350

I would never print my own ID, in the sense of something that was meant to assure anyone I'm really a notary. If I was questioned about where it came from, saying that I printed it myself would be less than impressive.

Now, if I were attending a meeting and just wanted a name badge to let others know who I was and what my role was, that would be fine.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 6/14/13 11:05am
Msg #473353

ID

VT, whenever I order business cards, I "print my own ID." Never use the vendor's designs. Too many changes required.

Reply by VT_Syrup on 6/14/13 11:17am
Msg #473355

Re: ID

Business cards are fine. Everyone knows, or should know, that the business card is just what the person who hands the card to you wants to say about him/herself. In this day and age there is no assurance that what is on the card has been verified by any third party.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 6/14/13 12:38pm
Msg #473379

Re: ID (VA is a self-certifying state) n/m

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 6/14/13 11:03am
Msg #473351

Notary Summer Camp

They're making me get 100. Anyone want to be 1 of my 'kids'?

Reply by JanetK_CA on 6/14/13 2:22pm
Msg #473390

Out of the thousands of signings I've done, I could count on one hand the number of times I've been asked for an ID, although because of posts I've read here, I do keep a copy of my current notary commission with me. I think I've used it once since then, that I can recall. Otherwise, business cards work just fine for me.

I figure that, after confirming with them in advance, when I show up at their door (all 5' 2" of me) loaded down with loan docs, all my notary stuff, and a smile, I don't look too threatening... Wink Maybe my area has something to do with it, too.

Reply by MW/VA on 6/14/13 2:43pm
Msg #473395

I always give the borrower my business card as intro/ID.

I've never had anyone ask for anything else. After all, I've called them, set the appt., etc.
IMO lanyards are part of the corporate world. :-)

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 6/14/13 5:35pm
Msg #473409

PLEEAASSE . . . don't get hung up on the 'badge'/ID

I'm not too interested in whether anyone uses ID; I have never been asked to present one. Doesn't mean I won't. I also carry my commission in my bag.

The lanyard (aka, cord, nylon, braided rope thingy) is the ONLY thing I want; if I have 100 of 'em, I will need to 'share'

(In trying to define 'lanyard' I clearly harped on the wrong thing to describe; for those of you who saw My design, you got the idea how to use)

Reply by Belinda/CA on 6/14/13 6:40pm
Msg #473415

Thank you for sharing NVLSlady/VA.

I always wear professional ID on a lanyard. (No one has ever asked for an ID.) I mainly like it for going into hospitals and elder care facilities. I am at least recognized as 'someone official' with it on. I even walk right back into the nurses station in hospitals to make copies. Only once has someone started to stop me and then commented, "Oh, you have a badge. Never mind." That really happened.

In certain circumstances it is nice to have. I wear it to loan signings as well. Although I think it is more advantageous for GN work.

Reply by VT_Syrup on 6/14/13 8:09pm
Msg #473426

Re: Thank you for sharing NVLSlady/VA.

I've found that blue nitrile gloves work well for getting into hospitals, especially when one is pushing a dead body. (Volunteer EMTs don't have time to put on uniforms before going to calls.)

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 6/14/13 8:38pm
Msg #473429

Re: Thank you for sharing NVLSlady/VA.

You're welcome (thank YOU for the real life experience). List is growing but need a few more

Reply by VT_Syrup on 6/15/13 8:52am
Msg #473445

Outfits that are serious about lanyards...

require safety lanyards that have a link on them that will snap open if the lanyard gets caught on anything. All the safety lanyards I've seen so far are plain black with a white safety link.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 6/15/13 10:11pm
Msg #473521

Re: Outfits that are serious about lanyards...

You mean like, if we try to hang ourselves?

Reply by ToniK on 6/15/13 10:32am
Msg #473451

I want a lanyard that says Notary Public..or can I get one with my business name..Ashburn Notary? Lol

I'm having this company make my badge. It's only like $12. Looks similar to the Govt badge. I just need to get me a logo!!!

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 6/17/13 9:54pm
Msg #473743

I bought some lanyards with little pouches attached for .10 cents yesteday at Walmart..lol

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.